What will be the next Sid's Civgame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be the next Sid's Civgame?

After the Release of Civ3 what do you think will be the next Civ game by Firaxis?
    Will it be Sid Meier's Colonization II, Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri II, something new or will there be no more Sid’s Civgame, just addons to Civ 3?
    What do you think and what do you hope?
    [COLOR={qcolor}]Sid Meier's Civilization IV[/COLOR]
    5.36%
    [COLOR={qcolor}]Sid Meier's Colonization II[/COLOR]
    14.29%
    [COLOR={qcolor}]Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri II[/COLOR]
    28.57%
    [COLOR={qcolor}]Something new :idea:[/COLOR]
    28.57%
    [COLOR={qcolor}]Nothing, just addons to Civ3[/COLOR]
    14.29%
    [SIZE=1][COLOR={qcolor}]Nothing, this is the end. :scared:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    8.93%
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

I think it'll be something new. I would think that the crew at Firaxis would want to get away from the Civ type games after just finishing Civ3. Sid Meier is doing a golf game and that might be a sign Firaxis will delve into something new as well. I'd like to see a SimNation game but I suppose that would have to come from Maxis.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

So this was moved; I think you know best, Mark (if it was you). It took me five minutes to decide what forum I should post this in from the beginning, and in the last minute I changed from Alternate Civs to Civ3 - General, but I would never have posted this in the Community from the beginning. I guess I was wrong, but why in the Community? Mark, care to explain (so that I don’t make the same mistake again)?
      I choose Civ3 - General because it could be connected to the Civ 3 release, and that was the only thing I could connect it too.

Originally posted by Anatolia
      I'd like to see a SimNation game but I suppose that would have to come from Maxis.
      That sounds like a very large project, but I think that Firaxis may work on that (as they do with SidGolf).

Comment

when the thread is about more than one civ game, it's place is here
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Colonization II.

This game needs a sequel. It is a travesty that we have waited so long. Someone needs to make it and it should be done well.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Aha, more then one civ game... I see.

Originally posted by Big Crunch
            Colonization II.

This game needs a sequel. It is a travesty that we have waited so long. Someone needs to make it and it should be done well.
            Yes, I think it is about time too.
            Colonization was a very good game. It had its own system of population and resources that gave you total control. I want a new version, one with multiplayer support.

Starts looking for ColNet

Comment

The darkside

This is it for civ games, sid will go completely over to the darkside and make more sim golf games. I see Sid Golf2 and Sid Minigolf in the future.

Comment

"Sid takes a crap and watches as his mindless horde of followers buys anything that has the sid name on it"

I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

It's obvious there will be a SMAC(x) II someday. Imagine it as a 5x empire-building, both terrestrial and space ( upon the discovery of Advanced Spaceflight, some space docking for the construction of interstellar ships: objective Earth? or other Manifold(s) ?

A Colonization II would also be great, but in that case with a complete remodeling and new gameplay mechanics - like the ingenuity in the MoO series.

Forget about a Civ 4. However they should already work a good Civ3 expansion.
                  The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

their next civ-type game after civ3's release will be civ3 multiplayer gold. and you're going to spread your cheeks and buy it because you have to.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

PLEEEEEEASE NOT DINOSAURS!!

Comment

civ 3 MP of course, Subtitled "The Search for more money"

apologies to mel brooks for stealing his line
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

In the short run I'd expect add-ons for Civ 3 (scenarios, mulit-player, etc)
                          In the long-run: SMAC II
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

The names Colonization and Civillization are owned by Infogrames. With all the hassles that are appearing with Civ3, Infogrames may not want to venture further into the genre. If this happens I doubt we will ever see a civ4, unless Sid can scrape up enough cash to buy the rest of the rights to the Civillization name.

SMAC is owned by EA, and seeing that Sid is working on a SimGolf for them a SMAC 2 or another type of Space-Civ game could be a possibility. Perhaps Sid is under contract to Infogrames and can't start developing another civ-type game until that contract is complete(with the release of civ3). I think it would be good for civ-gaming if Sid and EA got together again.

Of course when I say Sid I actually mean Firaxis, they are really one in the same. Just look at the Firaxis site.
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Sid doesn't like to do sequels. I reckon he'd be doing something new next.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X