That server upgrade didn't help much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That server upgrade didn't help much

Apolyton is as slow as it always was in the past few days. And you guys should really learn to set the server clock on time. What kind of incompetent sys-admin can't even get that right?

And of course it's a bit better again the moment I post this.

Comment

<I>Apolyton is as slow as it always was in the past few days. And you guys should really learn to set the server clock on time. What kind of incompetent sys-admin can't even get that right?</I>

Whenever you see the server clock not displaying the correct time, please email Tony Bolger directly at tonyb@worldchat.com instead of posting it in the forums. Feel free to CC myself and Markos on the letter should you wish.

Thanks.

-----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      Last edited by DanQ; August 29, 2001, 16:18.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Paul, if even you are getting frustrated...then we have a problem.

Dan, do the tech guys work for you? Are you a paid employee. It doesn't seem like you have the amount of control I'd expect from a director of operations.

Comment

Yes, I am frustrated. It is very difficult to follow discussions when new posts appear at random places in threads depending on how far the clock is off.

I find that more of a problem than the slowness. You can at least avoid most of the slowness-related problems by browsing in multiple windows.

Comment

GP:

GameStats tech does not work for me nor do I work for them -- I work <I>with</I> them. The President/CEO is both of our bosses. As clearly outlined in my job description on GameStats.com, my responsibilities as Director of Operations do not involve anything advertising, legal or technical related in regards to GameStats' operations. They are handled by the P/CEO and DoT respectively.

----------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
              Yes, I am frustrated. It is very difficult to follow discussions when new posts appear at random places in threads depending on how far the clock is off.
              i hope you recognize that the last time something like that happened was 2-3 weeks ago and lasted a couple of hours.....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, I would e-mail them about time warp problems, but when I saw my post was three hours ago, even though i just made it, I figured I must have already done it in the intervening time period.

It seems ok again now.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I suspect that the new ad set is slowing things down. We've had this issue before with Ebay and certain other UGO ads.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                    I suspect that the new ad set is slowing things down. We've had this issue before with Ebay and certain other UGO ads.
                    which new ad set exactly?

Comment

I suspect one of the two ads in the upper right corner. Like the uplister ads...

The reason for my suspicion is that you changed something with the ads lately...and we've trouble in the past....

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                        I suspect one of the two ads in the upper right corner. Like the uplister ads...
                        dont know, the uplister are simple image ones. nothing special

The reason for my suspicion is that you changed something with the ads lately...and we've trouble in the past....
                        the ad code for the "normal" styles are untouched

Comment

Good news for a change

I've found things much better since the server upgrade and the change in the way ads are presented. Loading time is way down, and my posts get posted much faster.
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                          X