No announcement yet.

Gamestats Server Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that currently it is at least twice as fast as it was... I had to wait a little constantly even during the week, but not now... now the pages appear immediatley most of the time
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

While it does seem faster... the true test will be this afternoon. The early mornings have never been too bad.

A thanks to GameStats for upgrading their server
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
        It feels better already...

I'll wait till Saturday to be 100% sure...
        It is nice that your it guys are listening to our concerns...
        Yeah, good news.

Now my deepest fears are gone: imagine Civ3 is out - and Apolyton is down due to a massive invasion of new posters...
        Blah

Comment

Server served to poly public...

Is all this speed related to the time warp phenominon we say yesterday?
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It seems a ton faster. But as Ming said we will have to wait and see about when the kids come home from school...

Thanks to all that had any power in this decision.

And I guess those that said it was the computer load time not bandwith by pinging the server and such turned out to be right. Of course, I am glad that I did not have to buy the 500 MB.

Oh and one thing, Dan is the upgrade partly due to activity at other sites on the network or just this one?
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

yay!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"you like me, you really like me!"
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                X