No announcement yet.

2nd BANNER - POPUP TRADE-OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and of course you just know it, you dont use it, right connorkimbro?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

why don't people just donate using paypal or something?

a lot of people use this site

so just make a donation, if a 100 people gave 1 dollar that is 100 dollars

1 dollar is much

how much can the ads get you?????

personally I don't usually find the ads that bad, but that is because of while at school my access to a very fast line

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Actually, no, i don't use it.

I did use it when we had that damn pop-up a while back . . and i told you i was using it because of the pop-up then. . and when the pop-up stopped, i stopped using it, just like i said.
        -connorkimbro
        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Netscape crashes whit the popups on.
          It loads just nicely untill they open the popups (there seem to be two of them, on little one whitout contenst and one big ad popup) after the popups are loaded, java starts and whatever that java thing does makes netscape crash, same thing has allways happened when I try to enter the "about" section, but I didnt think it was that important and didnt complain.

Could you please fix this?

Edit:
          I never had this problem at times when Apolyton has had popup ads before, but allways whit the About section of the page.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Errr... I have the same problem with netscape. If I leave the popups alone my browser quits on me and if I try and close them it freezes up.

Only way I could even post this was through internet explorer . A true sign of desperation.

[Edit : Typo]
            Last edited by ravagon; August 28, 2001, 17:38.

Comment

I don't care, my AtGuard kills popups and page ads

But I can't seem tog et the ads on the Civ III page...

Comment

BUG ALERT!

I tried the special style and it looks like this:
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting
                  it appears liekthis only when AtGuard works (scripts and ads diasabled)

Let's try normal style

Comment

Figured out

It shows like this when all scripts for poly are disabled.

Probably some bug related to scripts in charge for making Tables for the ads.... tsk tsk tsk

Well, back to normal view and re-enabled scripts. And no ads

Btw, site is quicker now

Comment

Re: Figured out

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                      Well, back to normal view and re-enabled scripts. And no ads
                      another thief....

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

so just make a donation, if a 100 people gave 1 dollar that is 100 dollars

1 dollar is much
                        people can "give" us 1 dollar now. just not from their pockets
                        see the "Support Us" link at the bottom of this page

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                          Netscape crashes whit the popups on.
                          i'm afraid that that's a problem of the pop-up code which is not written by ads, nor can it be changed...

Comment

But I didnt have any problems whit the temporal popup adds that I have plagued Apolyton from time to time

And this doesnt explain why the "about" page works the same (even though there isnt a popup near it).
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I think it was a good call to only have the popups as an option. It would be far too irritating to most posters to have them, no matter how much we know that it helps to keep the site alive. You just have to look at EZboard's situation. THe popups are a big turn-off, it'll be a matter of time before they will have to close their free service, at the rate that people are leaving
                              PHOENIXCAGER
                              The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

I am using the one popup partly because I know it helps ACS and the other because I prefer one popup to two ads any day.

But the thing I am concerned about is default for new users because they won't like popups and they have no loyality. As long as the option is there and the default is two ads, I think this can only be a good thing.
                                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X