Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark or Dan: Sell the games on Apolyton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark or Dan: Sell the games on Apolyton!

I think it would be cool if the Apolyton website would become a distributor for all of the games supported here at Apolyton and host of others related to the subject of civilization. By doing so this site could make a lot of money to support itself, and it truly would make the Apolyton website "A One-Stop Shop For All Your Civilization Gaming Needs." C'mon! The fans will love it!
    Yes
    68.75%
    No
    12.50%
    I Don't Care
    18.75%

It'll only work if we can get a good group discount or if we get Apolyton-only special editions, or maybe autographed copies....
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

we do have links to sites that sell games and which make money for us.

but managing your own computer game store is a lot of work and a lot of risk at the same time
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I know that I asked this once, but I couldn't find the thread later...

Does it count for you if you go to Amazon.com, and than to Amazon.co.uk to buy a game?

The postage & tax is just too expensive to get it from US.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

here is a link for civ3 on amazon.co.uk(with apolyton as the referrerer)

Comment

I cannot believe that the release date is dec 28 in the UK, and that it is oct 16 in the US.

*shocked*

Mark, when are you getting the copy in Grecce? In April?

I hope this is not true, but it might as well be... two and a half months difference... As if the game was initally done in French.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              we do have links to sites that sell games and which make money for us.

but managing your own computer game store is a lot of work and a lot of risk at the same time
              Really? I'd like to know precisely where I can find such links. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                Mark, when are you getting the copy in Grecce? In April?
                dont know about the rest of the Greeks, i'll probably have a preview copy

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  dont know about the rest of the Greeks, i'll probably have a preview copy
                  Well it's not bad being in the Civ business...

At least we might get Civ III with the first patch already on board

Comment

This is looking good!

Comment

just to tell you

I have bought the game trough the link... (they still say it is Dec 28, but... it will surely change)
                      and it works perfectly... The game is now only 24.99 and with P&P it is £27. So it comes to your door and saves £3

a free kebab

I guess it gets you a free ?giros? or whatever you call it too so that is surely the best buy in the UK

Comment

Ide buy from apolystore, just for you mark

Comment

I thought it was said in a thread that the US and UK versions would be released simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
                          X