This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the VERY frustrating delays?

Why are there these 10-20 second delays before I click a link and get the next screen in this forum, including when I first access it? For someone who really needs to get his forum fix because I just can't wait for Civ3, this is really frustrating.

I get this with a few other websites I occasionally go to as well but not with most of them. Is it my ISP, which means no-one else has this problem (my ISP is local)?

Every once in a while I won't get the delays and I have this faint hope that it will stay that way but it doesn't last. Is it the server of these forums? If it is, can you get a new one?

I used to frequent the CTP forums when those games were just released and I don't remember having the problem with Apolyton back then.

Your right Pembleton, I too have noticed a marked delay in posting and viewing threads since about the past 10 days or so. I'm not sure why this is, but I've noticed it only happends on the Apolyton site. MarkG, do you have any insight into this slow-down?

Comment

go to the apolyton/community section many threads already beginning to attempt to diagnose the problem.

I would expect that mark would ordinarily just shift this thread to their except with so many already there, this probably will just be closed.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Tniem.

Comment

At times, Apolyton won't even load for a good minute or so. It is also definately not my connection either. I'm on a T3

Comment

Hi everyone.

Please stick to using one of the other threads in the Apolyton/Community forum on this subject; that said, to close out this thread I ask that you email GameStats Director of Technology, Tony Bolger, at tonyb@worldchat.com requesting that measures be taken to improve the speed/reliability of the server that Apolyton and indeed the rest of the GameStats network is on.

We thank you all for your concern and continued patience and support.

----------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
            X