Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The X-Files: SFC Project (Searching for Extraterrestial Female Civvies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X-Files: SFC Project (Searching for Extraterrestial Female Civvies)

The most people in the apolyton forum are males. Why is this? Are Civilization-games mysteriously connected with the testosteron hormone?
    I've never seen a woman around here.

sorry SEFC-project off course!

Comment

There are some

just not mNY ON THIS site

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Probably has a lot to do with the facts that most games are geared towards men. Men after all sterotypically put more value into top of the line tech things and like to dominate. This leads to more men with the hardware to run games than women.

And of course Civ is all about domination which is a trademark male wish. So less women will of course be around simply based on this fact.

Sorry in advance for these sterotypical comments. If you don't like 'em please just stop reading them. They are only an opinion ;-)
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The Sims is going to be a woman's game.
          Will Wright, the naughty game producer

Comment

There are women here...

One of my best friends is a woman on this site, Boann.

And i know several others, whom I speak to eveyday around here.

You must be looking in the wrong places.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris, noticed he said most people on these forums are male, not all. So that means he acknowledges some women post here but his main point is true you have to admit.

More men than women.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Perhaps a poll should be started in the OT. Are you

1) Male.
                2) Female.
                3) none of the above.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

3.) Hemaphrodite... Aesexual reproduction
                  :hmm:
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Perhaps a poll should be started in the OT. Are you

1) Male.
                    2) Female.
                    3) none of the above.
                    Its been done, we were 80% male I think. I would think on-topic its even more male.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

At the last count, there were less than 20 of us posting on these boards.
                      I'm not going to attempt to list them all, because I'm bound to forget someone

Comment

20 out of 10 000 is not much... but Ok not everyone posts, but there are probably less than 10% of woman on these boards overall, i got the impression...
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          Its been done, we were 80% male I think. I would think on-topic its even more male.
                          The OT lot are not in touch with their feminine side as much as the On-Topic lot.

DC; I didn't want to discrimate against certain posters here, so added an extra option. I can think of a few who would vote for the third option on principle.

Comment

Hmmm... no I was defining myself... voting as you may.

I have 2 choiices in life:

1. True aesexual reproduction
                            2. Cell Division

-->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DC, thats a weird world you have there.

Can't be as much fun as sexual reproduction.

Comment

Working...
                              X