On MarkL's banning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On MarkL's banning

He's got a point. I was convinced that it was a sarcastic retort at the time, not a display of racism.

It makes me wary, anyway. Being one of life's sarky gits I'm all too aware that you're holding a loaded gun when using sarcasm or irony on a forum. I've got the scars to prove it.

I'm not saying it's wrong, or unjust, or trying to prove any fatuous points about how we're brutally repressed here, but how about lifting the ban?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Based on his statement that it was a sarcastic retort to another remark (just saw a PM from him) and his having no history of breaking the rules, that's OK by me.

When a thread starts out talking about castration, blah blah, it's pretty dodgy to begin with.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I agree, there's alot better reasons to ban MarkL.

If MarkL would include the wink guy, people wouldn't mistake when he's pulling thier leg. It might not avoid the ban but it would make the mod look a bit closer before imposing it and maybe avoid borderline stuff drawing the ban. The wink guy says which side of that line you're on.

(I'm still going to troll you for that asian bit MarkL)

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The smilies take all the edge out of comments...

Comment

Oh smurfing great! Now we have to use a convetional or before laying on the sarcasm. That really chaps my arse!
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Some sarcasm lends itself to being more easily "misunderstood" and more offensive in general.

Also, in threads where the premise starts with some form of compulsory castration the amount of slack allowed for charitable interpretation is a lot less than in most threads.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
            X