This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Harrassment

Due to recent incidents in the OT forums, I feel that Apolyton should have a sexual harrassment FAQ. Also there should be a sexual harrassment workshop. I can put one together, if you want.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Is there a link Dashi?
    (+1)

Comment

and then the backlash

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

edit: checked the OT board and discovered the matter had been delt with

Apolyton should definetly have a specific policy on sexual harrasment, and harsh penalites for those who commit it (I don't think that a permanent ban would be at all out of order)
        Last edited by Case; August 21, 2001, 02:19.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

MtG said he'd ban the offender for 2 weeks.

But Horse was not banned afterall.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's debateable whether it is sexual harrassment. That's why we need seminars and a FAQ to clear these issues up. I'd hate to Apolyton get sued over something like this.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd be happy to help Dashi

I'm a trained sexual harrassment officer.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

is that an officer who gives it or an officer that prevents it horse !!!!
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  MtG said he'd ban the offender for 2 weeks.

But Horse was not banned afterall.
                  BD didn't provide a link, and I didn't see who or when it was until several days after the fact, (edit - since it was days after the fact when BD pointed it out) and there was no subsequent post of that type. That's the reason I didn't ban AH. The fact the "offended" poster in question is in fact a DL would have made it a even more ridiculous to ban Horse several days after the fact.

Oh, and DaShi and Horse - nice try.
                  Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; August 21, 2001, 04:34.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Ya know Mike you could try warning people more

Its the secret of Ming's success.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I think there should be more sexual harrassment directed towards males above the age of thirty.

Who's with me on this?

Comment

and this last post means the end of this thread....
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                        X