Bring back the Name change thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back the Name change thread!

Yes, name changes aren't as common now that we can't do it ourselves.

But I still think the masses here need the information to prevent us from confusing ourselves badly over who used to be who.
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

i agree. some of the name name changes i know, but i couldn't keep up with most of 'em
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The Witness Protection Programme gave me this username after the events of Spamgate. I'm not exactly going to publish my previous username.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

We have a right to know.......and hunt you down
        PHOENIXCAGER
        The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

We should ask DarkCloud to make a list - and maybe give honorary mention to the regulars who've never once changed their handle. I confess I've done it twice but I'm done now. Promise.

Comment

Thanks for the comment

I could possibly do it, but I don't know every poster... I think one of the mods with a list of the changers or access to a list should post it... Or perhaps I should be given moderator powers and access to such a list
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Most of the "big" posters stick to one handle, perhaps because they are so visible. The only exceptions that I can remember now are: Provost Harrison (AI), Ecthelion, Eli, DinoDoc, and Infatuation. Oh, and Bugs * Bunny.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Can anyone remember my previous logon?

(+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Most of the "big" posters stick to one handle, perhaps because they are so visible. The only exceptions that I can remember now are: Provost Harrison (AI), Ecthelion, Eli, DinoDoc, and Infatuation. Oh, and Bugs * Bunny.
                  As well as Ming, derek, Snapcase, EvC, Hueij, Narck, AH, a bunch of Finnish posters too many to mention and countless others. I'm sure if we dug into it, only a select few have retained the exact same handle from the beginning. And of those, a good deal have had DLs as well. The identity-purist posters on Apolyton are very rare.

Comment

Provost Harrison (AI), Ecthelion, Eli, DinoDoc, and Infatuation. Oh, and Bugs * Bunny.

PH's AI lasted for less then a week didn't it?

Infatuatoin has had more aliases than everyone else put together I would think.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hey, Winston, you still remember the time I changed my handle? It didn't even last a week

Comment

AI lasted for the full 60 days, I despised it very soon afterwards and returned to Provost Harrison as soon as I could. I did change my name to HARDMAN II though, just before they put the 60 day restriction in. I got the opportunity to change it again thanks to Markos...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm proud to say that I've been lurking around under the same handle for 2 1/2 years now!

Comment

I've always kept the same username. Sometimes I consider changing it to something sad like '2QT2BST8'.

Hmm......

Comment

I changed my name to "MacGyver" once, in honour of everyone`s favourite TV character, but like Provost Harrison I grew tired of it quickly.
                              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working...
                              X