Question about Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Styles

Is there anyway I can use stylespecific colors in a post. That way I would know that the post always is readable.

If it isn't possible, maybe you could do so something like this works ? (I can use HTMLcode too)
    [COLOR=QUOTE]
    [COLOR=LINK]
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

let's see if this work

[COLOR={qcolor}]text[/COLOR]

ok, you can use
    [ COLOR= { qcolor } ] text [ /COLOR ]
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

[COLOR={qcolor}]Testing for myself[/COLOR]

Tanks Mark, I could never have figured that out for my self, do you have something for the linkcolor also?

Comment

[COLOR={linkcolor}]text[/COLOR]

[ COLOR= { linkcolor } ] text [ /COLOR ]

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          [COLOR={linkcolor}]text[/COLOR]

[ COLOR= { linkcolor } ] text [ /COLOR ]
          That simple? I tried with lcolor, but that didn't work, so I asked you.

Now, I know 3 always useable colors (red, [COLOR={qcolor}]quote[/COLOR] and [COLOR={linkcolor}]linkcolor[/COLOR]). Until now I've always used red when I wanted to make something another color, now I have two more.

Thank you for posting them!

Edit: I'm off to edit my signature!

Comment

Er, you can use Green, Hot Pink, Dark Golden Rod or any of the other official HTML color names if you like...
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
              Er, you can use Green, Hot Pink, Dark Golden Rod or any of the other official HTML color names if you like...
              As I'm sure how the other styles look with other colors I think I'll stay to red and one of the stylespecific (I've never needed more then 2 colors in the same thread anyway).

Comment

Try

LightSlaleBlue looks nice on all of them, for example.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                  As I'm sure how the other styles look with other colors I think I'll stay to red and one of the stylespecific (I've never needed more then 2 colors in the same thread anyway).
                  That brings up a good point. How many people are using the non-standard styles for viewing? I personally don't like them all that much. Too hard for me to read.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Snapcase, thanks for the links, I'll use them if I anytime need more then 2 different colors.

Originally posted by tniem
                    That brings up a good point. How many people are using the non-standard styles for viewing? I personally don't like them all that much. Too hard for me to read.
                    I use the Civ3 styles, as I like dark background and light text.
                    Mark is it anyway you can see what settings are being used by how many?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                      Mark is it anyway you can see what settings are being used by how many?
                      for a total of 11052 logins(hey we missed that)
                      8878 no setting (havent edited their options or havent visited since the upgrade)
                      1916 Default
                      58 Default-Civ3
                      40 Default-CTP2
                      132 Light
                      15 Light-Civ3
                      13 Light-CTP2

so, of the people who have edited their profile, only 7.35% are using the light styles

this means that either they dont know about the styles or that we dont have such a big problem with our speed

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        this means that either they dont know about the styles or that we dont have such a big problem with our speed
                        I use light but not because of speed. I just think standard has more information than I need. Plus I think the light looks better without those icons on threads or all the stuff on the front pages.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Oh and Mark I just wanted to thank you for adding the Apolyton to the top of the light styles. I used to use it all the time back with the old forums but when the switch was made and I choose the light styles I had to stop using it. It is a much appreciated addition to my prefered way of browsing the ACS boards.

Comment

I never thought I would need it, but I need the Backcolor now .

Mark, what is the {code} for that one?

Comment

Mark if you don't believe that I need it: Check out this post by me. Focus on the table header (quote-color background). To have good text over this background I would like to use the backgroundcolor, but as I don’t know the {code} for it I can't do that.

Please give me that code.

Comment

Working...
                              X