Forum Peaks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Peaks....

i'm making a thread mainly for the last sentence...

from the news

The new record lasted only three days. From 210, our new record for simultaneous users on the forums is now 212, occuring today at 14:03est.

This seems to be our best hour of the day since the previous record was at 14:00est!

As for other... peaks, today we made a new record on new registrations(33) and August 10th was the first day we more than 2000 posts(2008). That's 1 post every 43 seconds
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Mark, does this thread have a purpose or is it here merely to make you feel proud about your accomplishments?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

now that you say it, since we're all going to die some day what's the use of talking about something meaningless like computer games?

markg walks over to the other side of the room and pulls the plug of the server.....

Comment

Are OT posts included in that total?

I mean, since they don't for posters.

Still, 212 people at once is a LOT of people, congrats Mark.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It's the best part of the day because lazy Americans are at work and the Brits just finished dinner...all other parts of the day and the Brits go to bed, or the Americans are still sleeping, or people are eating meals, shopping, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
            Are OT posts included in that total?
            yes

Comment

Quite an achivement Mark.

Other civ sites don't do anywhere near the volume of posters as here.

2,008! Thavmasios!
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Markos, do you know how many people arrived here via the link at civ3.com?

I've the impression the opening of the new site caused a little leap in traffic.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon

I've the impression the opening of the new site caused a little leap in traffic.
                  Whether it was because of the link on the new site or simply due to many ACS members returning - traffic most certainly did jump up since civ3.com went live. The Civ III forums filled up so much that Markos finally decided to split them up into more than one forum and still good threads were being pushed off the main page.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                    close to zero actually...

true but indirectly, in the sense that it got lots of people interested in civ again.....

Comment

Markos :
                      Can you give us some information about the OT numbers comparing to other forums?
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Mark this is clearly a spam thread. I'm ashamed.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Time for another Statistics thread

Well some of us love these type of threads, the more the merrier.
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Whoa! 2008! Keep on trucking.
                            Good job Mark.

And this isn't spam threading, DaShi. I love stats.

Comment

There will be old people (the ones that have retired after Civ 2 )coming back to post when CIV III goes in the shops. As well as the new ones.

Is there anything that can be done to speed the connection up, since it is really slow already at busy times. I presume it costs money, but what is the offcial policy is there a treshold for upgrading the server?

(this comes back to me over and over since it seems that Poly will choke even more than,as it has already started now)
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X