Faster Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan,

It doesn't seem to be my computer and/or browser since I have no problems with other websites and the slowdown appears to be time specific. Not only time specific but sporadic as well, i.e., during the same time frame the connection is usually slow but speeds up sometimes. I am just wondering if there's some errant program being run on the server.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hi again UR.

No, I don't believe it's any program running amock but rather simply a traffic related issue. If you are finding the problem persistently aggrevating, try accessing the site at different times of the day where possible.

-----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I have the same expeRIence , that in the eveneings it, or rather late night here in UK it takes ages to get the post trough.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

It seems to have gone downhill today. I couldn't even browse Apolyton during the day, and now, I'm actually able to get anywhere, though very slowly. Considering that I'm on a cable connection, and within walking distance of the server, if it is indeed in Toronto, this is not a good sign.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Shadowstrike:

Please contact Tony Bolger (credentials/email address above) -- overseeing the technical end of the GameStats servers which Apolyton is on is his responsibility and area of expertise.

-----------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Don't worry Dan, we need to place our anger somewhere..... We're not mad at Apolyton itself, we're just mad, like any irrational visitor should act.

*secret*

+1 to post count! MUWHAHAHAHA!

*end secret*

Ahem.... nobody saw that...
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
              X