Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am flattered by this, but I don't think I would like the task of OT moderation. I get along with a lot of people and having to take these harsh, unpopular decisions would put me in a moral dilemma, so I don't think I would take the job personally. I would like to continue posting in the off-topic as I do now without having to bite my tongue and be a ref, effectively.

However I did say that I have no objection to moderating Civ3 forums. I can handle the gaming forums, and have had a good chunk of experience at this from CGN, where I was a trusted on-topic mod. I would quite enjoy keeping an eye over these, where the ebb-and-flow is a little easier going...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Missives from Mingapolco...

Originally posted by Ming
      The rolleye was for many reasons...
      First, this isn't a Democracy, and decisions on mods are made TOTALLY by the admin.
      But Mark and Dan do listen to feedback, or at least we like to kid ourselves they do.
      Second, it really is a Apolyton discussion, and not a OTF discussion.
      So it's official, the OT is no longer a part of Apolyton?
      And Third, I hated moving it to the Apolyton Forum, because now all the spammers will add to their post count
      So that means Ras will post in this thread several times?

Oh... and my opinion. Just by looking at the levels of traffic during the day, it really isn't needed. MarkG is more than able to solve any problems that come up
      I agree with that.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

We have a problem, gentlemen. The Apolyton Rules clearly states that all OT mods must have a username starting with the letter "M". Now, who amongst you will be daring enough to enter the username transformation machine, and possible have your post counts scattered to the far ends of the universe?

(I got carried away. My bad)
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

We discussed this before. MikeH should be mod.
          (+1)

Comment

If noone wants to make it, we could have one more from the USA.

Bob Dornan for example...
            Blah

Comment

MikeH also starts with an "M"

MikeH for mod

(+1)

Comment

Oh, BTW vote "other" for MikeH.

=======================

He is really going to be pissed off with me when he sees this thread
                (+1)

Comment

d/l *cough*

spam *cough*

bye *cough*
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    The rolleye was for many reasons...
                    And Third, I hated moving it to the Apolyton Forum, because now all the spammers will add to their post count
                    Hey, I haven't posted here yet.

I voted other=MikeH too.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

a secret admirer

Awesome, somebody voted "Colon" and it wasn't me.

It will be tough to maintain my humility.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Colon...I'm sorry. I knew nobody liked you, but I didn't think they actively disliked you in an "I'm gonna ream your dog" type of way.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

they do like me but...

It's prejuidice, people won't vote for me because I'm not American.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Shut up and get back to work in the sweatshop!
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm a career politician

I just made a 3.85% jump in the polls and you demand me to quit? I'm sorry but that's just plain silliness.

Comment

I think Glonk feels left out not being a mod...he misses those days of being a "school safety patrol" back at SidGames...

Comment

Working...
                                X