No announcement yet.

Comments For The Apolyton 100: Ver 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm VERY offended that I wasn't included! I'm one of the most active spammers... err... posters in the OT! You will pay DarkCloud!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Strangely enough one of our greatest Civ2 scenario designers: Captain Nemo is missing. I can't believe you missed out on the designer of Red Front perhaps the best WW2 Civ2 scenario ever.

Another few names that should be included are Cavebear and John Barbarossa.
      Cavebear has taken it upon him to organize the official Civ2MP competitions in the MP forum with patience and trust. He should be included.
      John Barbarossa is a legend , his diplomatic tracts are well known by the veterans (Ming, Rah, MWHC, Myself...) on the MP forum and he's famous for starting the first true diplogame. He's gone but not forgotten. Hopefully he'll return with Civ3!

P.S
      Check my Diplogame FAQ thread in the Civ2MP forum for details. It's old but I'm planning to update it soon. (finally!)
      Last edited by CapTVK; August 11, 2001, 18:32.
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

CapTVK... I would add those people, but this is a listing of the 100 posters with the most posts, not the posters who have contribuited the most to Apolyton... I could do a list like that, but I leave a list like that to someone like yourself or Stefu or Colon.

Another note:

The ENTIRE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED 2.5 IS HERE!

The new listing has the recent statistics for who is #1-100 and I put some notes on who has changed places and cursory notes on # of posts.

I have updated most everyone but specificially:

02. Mao
        05. Alexander's Horse
        07. Narck
        11. Lancer
        17. Ecthelion
        36. derek
        96. chegitz guevara
        97. Ramo

all of Urban Ranger's Corrections.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

wut
          Last edited by Ted Striker; April 21, 2020, 22:45.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

No too late for another top 10...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

The ENTIRE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED 2.5 IS HERE!
              Where?

Comment

MarkG- Thank you for posting the article, two comments about it however, #1 could you please put a link to the Apolyton/Community section after the article.

and #2 Please spell my name correctly

Okay, thank you derek.

Jay Bee, "The Apolyton 100 ver 2." has been updated to 2.5

GP- ???? Top ten?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

For Derek...not you...ya fake calamari.

Comment

someone should punish GP for his continued spamming.

Comment

If posts were counted in the OT I would probably be a Deity by now

Comment

Dunno if this is the right place, but here we go:

72. Hueij
                        Former Usernames: Huey
                        DL's: Dale Arden (used twice, once when Flash Gordon changed his handle and once to ask Ming to delete it )
                        Age Group: 46
                        Nationality: Dutch
                        Lives: Arnhem, The netherlands
                        Had/Has A Website: No
                        Contribution to Apolyton: Started posting in Civ2 strategy and Civ2 help but moved to OT and occasionally Apolyton. Biggest contribution: asked Markos if he needed help with HTML and stuff and is still waiting for an answer... Helped Narck with formatting his age-faq.
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

DC, err... what I meant was: where is v.2.5?

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                            For Derek...not you...ya fake calamari.
                            I feel duty bound to post this:

[quote]
                            Giant Squids ????

One of the most dramatic sightings involving the Kraken occurred on 30 November 1861, whent he French gunboat Alecton pursed a huge specimen.
                            The crew harpooned the creature 120 nautical miles from Tenerife, in the Canary Islands, but it was so large that they could not haul it aboard.
                            The creature was measured to be about 7 metres long.
                            Another sighting occurred on 30 November 1896.
                            The remains of a huge sea creature were washed ashore on a beach near St Augustine, Florida, USA.
                            When Addison Verrill, professor of biology at Yale University, initially studied the case, he identified a stupendous octopus with a tentacle span of up to 60 metres.
                            However, the span of the largest officially recognised species of the world reaches only 7 metres or not.
                            His claim was treated with much skepticism that he had a change of mind later and identified it as those of a sperm whale.
                            When the samples of tissue from the body, stored at the Smithsonian Institution, were analysed in 1957 by two American biochemists, it was found that it could had been an octopus after all.
                            Even evidence of Science are "concealed" at times.

Last edited by DarkCloud; August 12, 2001, 17:52.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Okay Hueij, I'll note that and fix it soon.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; April 21, 2020, 22:46.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X