Why are there off-topic moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GP
    My serious advice: Let it go. This is a great forum with great moderators. A really special place on the net!! Why not keep posting interesting threads like the MS thread (I'm not kissing your ass...it was interesting.) Let the site-complaints go...
    Because every time I start a thread like the MS thread I've got moderators shooting a flame up my ass, and there's not much I can do about it but complain to the site admin hoping the publicity of it would help detur it from happening in the future.

If you look up any of my threads involving MS that MtG posted in, you'll see we have quite a history in there.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Colon, you can't be.

Belgium(s)...

wait.

You only eat waffles and chocolate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        Doubt it. My availability online at the moment during the daytime is much diminished now I have work to do
        and that's the only reason why you'll never be OT mod

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Dornan
          Colon, you can't be.

Belgium(s)...

wait.

You only eat waffles and chocolate?
          yeah, just like us Germans only eat Bratwurst sausage and Kasseler steak and Sauerkraut... all the time... mmmh....

Comment

• Well hasn't this thread turned into a bit of a pissing contest.

I would not thank you for the task of OT mod. I would rather get stuck in there and involved in the debates rather than be the ref who just stands by and blows the whistle now and again...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Well hasn't this thread turned into a bit of a pissing contest.
              I can get farther than Bob D., I'm sure

Comment

• PH, cut down on the tea.

Comment

• I don't really drink tea. I'd rather have a nice CommieBeerâ„¢ thanks

Well it looks like they don't want a mod for the civ3 forums then, although when the game comes out for real, they are going to need someone to keep order in there, although it is a very pleasant place at the moment...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Ooops

I was going to post something utterly useless and pointless here but changed my mind and so edited it all out ....

Sorry
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• EDiting for effect...

Originally posted by Rasputin
                      I was going to post something utterly useless and pointless here but changed my mind and so edited it all out ....

Sorry

Well on your way to Diety, eh, Ras?

Well, a complaint turned into a "Why can't I be a mod" thread.

I think the answer to that is self evident.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Chris, I don't want to be a mod.

It was a question about the selection criteria, which is related to the entire complaint.

If you're not going to follow along with the thread and understand what's going on, please don't post at all. Thanks.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I have been following it, Glonk.

What exactly do you hope to accomplish with all this?
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 4, 2020, 01:35.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• PH and Roland for mod? Outspoken eurocom mods abusing power , and still debating/trolling

Colon would be a good choice. He's quiet, neutral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris 62
                                I have been following it, Glonk.

What exactly do you hope to accomplish with all this?
                                Hopefully MtG will become more self-aware and try not to flame under the guise of a moderator.

Comment

Working...
                                X