Why are there off-topic moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You sound left out, Glonk.

Maybe if we made you a mod...you'd cheer up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glonk
      The number one thing that would rule me out for being a mod is my association with SidGames.
      I will be forever damned because of that. And so be it.
      HUH... like anybody cares. I think they judge people for what they are, and not where they have been...

And age... Huh again. Last time I checked, MLeornard is a mod too... and he's not an oldster

People that want to be mods usually aren't selected. The Admin like talking people into the job Heck, I sure as hell didn't ask for the job
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
        HUH... like anybody cares. I think they judge people for what they are, and not where they have been...
        As nice as that sounds in theory, that's not how it works. And I think you know that.

And age... Huh again. Last time I checked, MLeornard is a mod too... and he's not an oldster
        I'm not the one who said that had anything to do with it. Bob Dornan said I was too young.

People that want to be mods usually aren't selected. The Admin like talking people into the job Heck, I sure as hell didn't ask for the job
        Yeah, that's how I became a SG OT mod.

Maybe if we made you a mod...you'd cheer up!!
        You'd think I want to be a mod here after publicly criticizing the mod selection criteria?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• So you wouldn't join any club that would have you as a member? (The W.C. Fields thing...)

Comment

• MtG was a mod at ACOL I believe?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• I wouldn't join any club that contains members that I think shouldn't be there in the first place.

I've got no problems with Ming and especially not MLeonard, but I've got major objections to MtG being a mod while being an admitted flamer at the same time.

But maybe I'm being "old school" or something stupid, perhaps it's P.C. now to have offensive mods. It's not my call, I'm just saying MtG should pick one side of the fence.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I think we're all up on that point of view...no need to rehash it.

Now...how about some dirt on SG?

Comment

• Glonk, the issue is not whether MtG is a flamer or not, it's whether he's arbitrary or not and those are not mutually exclusive.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Colon, who let you in here with that lighter fluid. We're done barbecueing!

Comment

• Well, Glonk is too young. Not necessarily in age...

Comment

• Both issues are important.

In my opinion he's arbitrary, but that's next to impossible to prove.

Also in my opinion, he shouldn't flame and moderate on the same forum.

Comment

• Hey Glonk...could you maybe go into a little more detail? I'm not sure that this 100 post thread answers all my questions...

Comment

• The only reason this thread keeps getting longer is because certain people keep asking things/trolling things/flaming things/spamming things. That tends to rack up the post count pretty fast.

Comment

• I'm just in a "I care" mood

"Colon, who let you in here with that lighter fluid. We're done barbecueing!"

Sorry but I'm vegetarian.

Glonk, I propose you to quit this thread and open a new one when you detect arbitrariness by MtG.

Comment

• OK G, this is my last post on your thread. When I started trolling, it was to teach you a lesson. Later on...it was just becuase the thing had become so rediculous. Okay maybe I enjoyed it just a bit, too...

My serious advice: Let it go. This is a great forum with great moderators. A really special place on the net!! Why not keep posting interesting threads like the MS thread (I'm not kissing your ass...it was interesting.) Let the site-complaints go...

Comment

Working...
                                X