• Show
Clear All

• if we started charging for apolyton

this is how we would justify it
    Attached Files
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

So how much are you going to charge then?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

now theres a good rumour to start spreading.. a bit like the icq rumours, you know the ones, "If you dont forward this to everyone on your list ICQ will begin charging for access"

So we just need to threaten these poor guullible lads and lasses and a new wildfire rumour will be activated

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

But been done before.

Reminds me of the old National Lampoon Magazine cover that showed a dog with a gun pointed at it's head, with the line.
        "Buy this magazine or we'll kill the dog"

And the Saturday night routine on the poll whether to kill/save their special guest animal.

Of course most of the wackos here (our brethren across the pond) would probably want something nasty to happen to the dog.

RAH

Flame on.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The hell with the dog.

I'm a cat guy, go ahead and kill the dog.

Money problems, Mark?

Last time you said paying for the site wasn't needed, but this looks like a "hint" of sorts.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Yeah Ras, I get those 'pass this on or ICQ will delete your account' things. Never took them seriously in the first place, but if someone I know passes one to me, I reply, totally ripping the piss out of them for believing the damn stupid message.

Which brings me on to a joke. What stands at the end of your bed and takes the piss?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Damn dogs, i will pay you $20 to kill him.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Reminds me of the old National Lampoon Magazine cover that showed a dog with a gun pointed at it's head, with the line.
                "Buy this magazine or we'll kill the dog"
                Or the scene from Blazing Saddles . . . .
                "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                Jonathan Swift

Comment

OK, I've given you long enough.
                  The punchline is: A dialysis machine

If Apolyton started charging though, they could sing for their money, they won't get it
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Setting up the site so that you could take PayPal donations wouldn't hurt anything, though.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Don't introduce charges, just have a "bonus post" for every 10 banners that you click the link to. Eli and Ras alone would certainly be enough to keep you afloat.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

MarkG/Eli?

Eli's figured out Markos' password! Eli was saying on the day of the Morris interview that Firaxis was short of money. Now he says Apolyton is short of money and close to going under! Don't believe him. Or maybe Eli's Markos' DL

You won't get your grubby hands on my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          So how much are you going to charge then?
                          cherryade in the coffee shop is going to cost a lot more than it used to

Comment

No! Don't kill Blinky the Very Lovable Dog!

Anyway, I hope this wasn't just a 'trial balloon' for things to come. Maybe MarkG's next thread will be "If we enslaved all Apolytoners and forced them to work on my Thessaloniki plantations"
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

to paraphrase the Big Horsie,

it was a freaking joke chris.....
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X