Mozilla 0.9.3 and 'Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla 0.9.3 and 'Poly

Just grabbed Moz 0.9.3 and is testing it with 'Poly. Nothing major yet with some minor visual differences:

1. The smilies panel to the left is now missing the dividing lines; it used to be consisted of little boxes with one smilies in each one.

2. When posting/editing/etc. a message, now there is a box of thin grey line surrounding the "intermission" message.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Ahh, so Mozilla is starting to display ACS properly...

I guess there is no reason for me not to give it a try then.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Moz has been doing a fine job rendering ACS since release 14, more than a year ago. Sure, there were (still are) hiccups here and there, but most bugs were/will be fixed in the next release, and it's <em>free</em>
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

In other news, viewing it with IE 6 and it looks perfect.

I think the problem is the CSS "standard" lacks a whole bunch of options to do with table borders, and since Mozilla is strictly standards compliant the problem is most likely on the client-end...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, IE is fatter than 6 Mozilla's put together and gives a S/390 much difficulty.

And don't get me started on standards. It's just suffice to point that that the M$ extensions are trivial.

Comment

Fatter, you say? Both of these are the results after visiting 10 websites after a clean start:
            Mozilla.org -> Apolyton.net -> Aceshardware.com -> Tomshardware.com -> Anandtech.com -> Slashdot.org -> Glonk.org -> Guru3d.com -> Microsoft.com -> Gamespot.com
            Attached Files
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

That just means that the IE executable is smaller. That doesn't include the 1300 dll's (random number pulled out of thin air - not factual, but you get the idea) that also get loaded when IE runs.
              Peace, Wisdom, and No Karma

Comment

Actually, under Windows XP the .dlls are clumped together under the process ID and are part of the total. So that IS an accurate figure.

In WinXP, IE is standalone and only installed by default. It shows up in Add/Remove Programs, so it doesn't run off of explorer.exe at all anymore.

Comment

Yeah? That's the memory footprint of the two .exe files after the, eh, "standard" run. The fact remains that IE 6 itself is much bigger than Mozilla. Not the IE 6 installer but the whole package, including e-mail and other stuff.

We know that IE uses a separate program for e-mail but Mozilla is all-in-one. How does that compare? If you want to compare the browsers you have to get Gecko and run that against IE 6.

Comment

Well, I went to go check this out for myself. I did the registration wizard for my email account, hit finish. HD thrashed for a few seconds, and then *CRASH*. TalkBack came up, etc.

Tried it again, same damn thing. And again, and again.

What good is the mail program if I can't even access it?

Comment

i've been using mozilla for mail for over year now....
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, I have no doubt that most people can use the mail feature (else they wouldn't have released it).

But the fact remains that I cannot.

Go ahead, UR, blame the OS.
                        But it's not the OS that's crashing, it's Mozilla. The OS happily chugs along and just prints off the error-report dialog and yawns.

Comment

Working...
                        X