Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Want To Be A King !!

Really, I don't. I like being a prince.

To me, a king just feels like a round blobby word, a dark solid staid word that inspires feelings of tradition, and boringness. A Prince is just as regal, its sharper, less powerful, but more dangerous, and just the right amount of mediocrity. Plus, a king brings to mind an adult, a prince - a youth. I'm 16, I'm not ready to be a king, I'm not mature enough.
    Emperor is a good title. It smacks of power. I might reach that by Christmas 2002, which is too long as a King for my liking. A king is just not a title that suits me.
    I have posted here for 6 months, and averages about 4 posts per day. Shouldn't a king be a person who has been here a long time, and rules some segment of something? I don't spam a lot, but the relative frequency of my posts makes me a king far before those "kings" of Apolyton who are still Princes.
    I don't want the status. I don't like it. I do like Prince.

Please, please, please could there be a way to keep my postcount (for administrative purposes for me and DarkCloud ) but keep my title as Prince?
    If not, then could there be a way to give me a 49%PCR everytime I hit 999 posts? Just enough so I can keep my lovely avatar, but avoid the responsibilities of monarchy. I would of course keep a record of the number of voluntary PCRs.

Please, I implore you. Don't subject me to the dullness of kingship. Don't force me into Apolyton boredom for 2000 posts. Let me be young, quick and a post-newbie poster for a little while longer.

Thankyou so much to any lovely life-saving Admin or Mod who can grant my wish. I shall forever be in your debt.

The Prince is dead in 17 posts. Not long live the King!

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Prince, King and Deity are awful tinny kind-of-words.

Warlord, now there's a nice woody sounding word.

Whasp... gorn...

Emperor is nice and woody too.

Comment

I don't think we'll fall for this. of course, your title can be changed to "Prince", and put statically. If you want... and postcount be kept.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

spamming

seems to me you can get away with a lot when you try !!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Fall for what?
          of course, your title can be changed to "Prince", and put statically
          Yeah Thats what I want.

and postcount be kept.
          Kept as normal, rising one per post, or kept static as well, at 984?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

We can only keep your postcount normal. There's, AFAIK, no way to put the post count static, we can only give you a 1 post PCR each time you post manually .

Comment

That sounds perfect. Normal postcount, fixed title of Prince.

Right so now I know you can, will you ?

Comment

the usual fees apply to get them to do special jobs !!!!

Comment

Let's leave it to Markos.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    Prince, King and Deity are awful tinny kind-of-words.

Warlord, now there's a nice woody sounding word.

Whasp... gorn...

Emperor is nice and woody too.
                    Cheiftain is more porcelain and cheese I would say ( )

Be grateful that you are a king, making your way closer to the upper echelons of the Apolytoners, although you still have a long way to go yet
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

the usual fees apply to get them to do special jobs !!!!
                      *Gets online quote for plane ticket to Greece*

Let's leave it to Markos.
                      Good plan.
                      *Gets online quote for plane ticket to Greece*

Be grateful that you are a king, making your way closer to the upper echelons of the Apolytoners, although you still have a long way to go yet
                      But thats the point, I don't want to be in the upper echelons of Apolytonners. Its just a gross display of how little else you have to do... I like having that long way to go as a buffer zone

-----------------------
                      14 left, use them sparingly, my son

Comment

wel if you jsut stop posting you wont become a king !!!

Comment

I see you are an emperor now Ras. I must say that I am not entirely surprised. Thanks to your recent performance, the new expression 'pulling a Rasputin' has been added to the Apolyton lexicon
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

wel if you jsut stop posting you wont become a king !!!
                            I'm not going to dignify that with a response.

Damn

At least I had the good sense to start this thread with 18 posts left to go

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              I see you are an emperor now Ras. I must say that I am not entirely surprised. Thanks to your recent performance, the new expression 'pulling a Rasputin' has been added to the Apolyton lexicon
                              shucks surprised to find 'Pulling a Provost or doing a AH isnt in there too
                              but as my old mammie used to say, it doesnt matter how you get famous, just do it !!

Comment

Working...
                              X