No announcement yet.

The Apolyton 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, large update on #26-50 (and yes I worked on your profile Chris )

Not every 26-50 idea has been fixed but all of Stefu, Colon, and Jay Bee's ideas were added as well as additional comments.

Oh, heres 1-10; the files got too large:

---

<b>10. Urban Ranger</b>
    Former Usernames: (none known)
    Famous DL's: (none known)
    Age Group: ?
    Nationality: Chinese
    Lives: Hong Kong
    Had/Has A Website: ?
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III

<b>Description:</b>
    Posts often in the Civ III and Off-Topic.

----

<b>09. *End Is Forever*</b>
    Former Usernames: (Iain Lindley)
    Age Group: 17-22
    Nationality: British
    Lives: Great Britain
    Contribution to Apolyton: Off-Topic

Referred to Apolyton by Stewart Spink, Iain has mostly posted in the Off-Topic and rarely in the On.
    After visiting Apolyton he began to play Civ III more often, but never was a major Ontopic poster.

----

<b>08. Michael the Great</b>
    Age Group: 30-46
    Nationality: American
    Lives: Tijuana, Mexico
    Contribution to Apolyton: OT Moderator, Debates

For a long time MtG was a poster at Apolyton in the OT, then in December 2000 his wife had a baby and he took some time off from Apolyton.
    In June 2001 he became Off-Topic Moderator when Ming 'semi-retired' and has moderated the forum since.
    He is an avid poster and used to be one of Apolyton's great debaters.
    He came to Apolyton from the old .owo Alpha Centauri forums and ACOL, where most posters now flame him since he became an Apolyton Moderator

----

<b>07. Narck</b>
    Nationality: ?
    Lives: Houston, Texas
    Contribution to Apolyton: Apolyton Birthday List

He is best known for his creation of the Apolyton Birthday list which listed all previous username logins and ICQ's and Apolytoners birthdays and ages.
    He has not posted much since November 2000.

-----

<b>06. Provost Harrison</b>
    Former Usernames: (AI)
    Age Group: 18-24
    Nationality: British
    Lives: Great Britain
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III, Off Topic, Debates

Major contribuitor to Apolyton, Apolyton's newest Deity, Provost Harrison has posted heavily in the Civ III and other sections of the site during his career.
    He is a student Scientist in Britain and has met a number of British Apolytoners, Iain Lindley, Stewart Spink, etc.
    He used to be a major debator in all types of threads, but has since abandoned Religious threads and has tired of debating the same old threads year after year.
    He is a PhD Biochemist
    -----

<b>05. Alexander's Horse</b>
    Famous Titles: (Apolyton Troll, GigaTroll, MegaTroll, Apolytoner of the Season)
    Age Group: 30-40
    Nationality: Austrailian
    Lives: Melbourne, Australia
    Had/Has A Website: PROT (A Delphi-Based Forum)
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III, Off-Topic, Spam, Trolling

A notoriously spammy Deity, Alexander's Horse has started numerous "Troll" topics in various forums, saying things just to get a response.
    He spammed his way to deity, posting one word posts for nearly 2000 posts, but the majority of his 10000 posts were useful Civ III questions and Off-Topic debate subjects.
    He was banned once for insulting Lancer and caused the entire population of Area 25 to be banned when he reported their rules violations.
    He was once the Apolytoner of the Season winner.

----

<b>04. MarkG</b>
    Former Usernames: (MarkG)
    Age Group: 18-25
    Nationality: Greek
    Lives: Greece
    Had/Has A Website: APOLYTON CIVIZATION SITE; (before that: The First Greek Civilization Site)
    Contribution to Apolyton: Apolyton, Civ III

One of the creators of Apolyton, MarkG is now a deity. He has created numerous Civ III threads and maintains the site and forums.
    He has done much work to benefit the Civ III community and deserves much thanks.
    Thank you MarkG!

----

<b>03. Imran Siddiqui</b>
    Age Group: 16-18
    Nationality: Pakistani
    Lives: New York, America
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III

ACS News Editor as of June 2001, he and Snapcase now control all news on Apolyton.
    Before that time Imran debated and argued with Red Trotskyte and more recently, anyone who opposes George Bush Jr.
    He is a diehard Republican and is one of Apolyton's more colorful members.
    He also argues a lot with n.c. a Democratic American poster who hates George Bush Jr.

----

<b>02. Mao</b>
    Nationality: American
    Lives: America
    Had/Has A Website: May 1999
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III, Spam

Most people hardly ever see a post by Mao. He is the master of spammy posts, posts with little content and that just seem to fade into the background.
    Mao is a poster of few words.
    I first heard of Mao when he reached Deity level (the first time) and was disgusted, I posted on all on-topic forums except for the CTP ones and I had never seen a post by him at all. Then I discovered the Off-Topic.
    He lost his Deity status first when a PCR of 1000 posts hit him (or 10%) then he regained it and a forum bug reset his #of posts to 0. Mark fixed that and returned to him 10100 posts and he was a deity once again.
    He posted for a while, then disappeared to "The Frontier" an online story forum with "Chairman Milo" and "Shadowstrike" as well as other Apolytoners.
    His username was chosen because Mao was an ally to him in a Civ II game.

-----

<b>01. Ming </b>
    Former Usernames: (none)
    Age Group: 47 in October (10-??-1954)
    Nationality: American---> german/italian/irish
    Lives: Chicago, Illinois, America
    Registered: Registered originally at the Original Greek Site... and just continued at Apolyton when the merger occured.
    Had/Has A Website: NO
    Contribution to Apolyton: The List, OT and Civ Forums Moderator,

<b>Description</b>
    The original deity and advertising executive of Apolyton. Also the first Off-Topic moderator, (before MLeonard begged to be an assistant moderator for the off-topic)
    He Put together the list of Cheats for the Official Civ III List
    He got extra help with Off-Topic moderation in March, 2001, when Michael the Great joined him as moderator for that forum.
    A sometimes serious poster, sometimes funny, his catch phrase for a closed thread is "CASE CLOSED".
    His other trademark is a at the end of each post.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Sounds more like Mao to me

Darkcloud, where did you get the info that I had made 2000 one word posts or was that a joke?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• My information, corrected version:

92. LightEning
        Former Usernames: (Rural Ranger [a spoof of Urban Ranger].)
        Famous DL's?: (none at all)
        Age Group: 14-18
        Nationality: Finnish
        Lives: Finland
        Had/Has A Website: Had, yes
        Contribution to Apolyton: Alpha Centauri section (sporadifically, and only for scaring off the newbies). Off-topic (one of the most active people in the coffee shop).

BTW, I would really like to know who wrote my description. I can't even remember the last time when I exchanged ideas with anyone at the Civ3 section... Ah well, time to do a search.
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

• The info on MichealtheGreat is inaccurate.

He bacame a mod in april, part of the "Ming is quitting" gag.

He also is a SMAC guy.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• 07. Narck
            Former Usernames: (none known) <b>none</b>
            Famous DL's: (none known) <b>Britney Spears, Off Topic Moderator (created sometime in 1999, when in a rebellious mood)</b>
            Age Group: <b>born in 1975</b>
            Nationality: <b>Dutch</b>
            Lives: Houston, Texas
            Registered: (before) 2-15-99 <b>actually, it was on April 15, 1999</b>
            Had/Has A Website: <b> Had. Well, I suppose it's still there, but I haven't checked in ages. Was about the Apolytoners' House. </b>
            Contribution to Apolyton: Apolyton Birthday List <b>Apolyton Age & ICQ FAQ, & Apolyton Birthday Calendar</b>

Description:
            He is best known for his creation <b>and upkeep</b> of the Apolyton Birthday List which listed all <b>current and</b> previous username logins and ICQ's and Apolytoners birthdays and ages. <b>Apolyton Age & ICQ FAQ & Apolyton Birthday Calendar, to be exact. Now Retired from that position. Previously Apolyton Forum Helper. Also helped out with polls in the Apolyton forum in 1999 and early 2000, and with setting up a website for the Apolytoners' House, which was a noble effort (I think) of Apolytoners to donate money to give a poor girl from the Filippines a home of her own. The house was eventually built, fully funded by Apolytoners' donations.</b>
            He has not posted much since November 2000. <b>It's been that long, hmm? I intend to post more, but somehow am just not finding the time </b>
            Last edited by Narck; December 30, 2012, 13:58. Reason: changes

Comment

• I resent the suggestion that I overused the Spam forum at the Mod Asylum.

*Checks Mod Asylum*

Oh wait, maybe I did.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

• The Birthday list is dead baby, dead. It is all automated.

A computer can do your job now
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Re: Sounds more like Mao to me

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  Darkcloud, where did you get the info that I had made 2000 one word posts or was that a joke?
                  What?
                  Oh, that was a typo
                  ... I meant that you made a large amount of short posts and I mistyped that.

I <i>could</i> leave it in... But, I suppose I have to fix it if I want this to be a news item for Version 2. In time for Friday
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                  X