No announcement yet.

How about an over 30s forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A forum for such old people would just be a nesting ground for spam- all the senile old fools would just start talking to themselves, responding to their own threads and so on...

Comment

Damn, GP, you have a heckuva memory. That was a loooong time ago, and I don't even think it was in OT.
      "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
      Jonathan Swift

Comment

It was during one of my "sabaticals"

Comment

Re: How about an over 30s forum?

Originally posted by Lancer
          So us stuffy old farts don't cramp the younger generation's style...
          *****, shut yo trap

Comment

Just look how popular it would be...

"Age check at the door"

That was a really good question Mark, nevermind.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
              A forum for such old people would just be a nesting ground for spam- all the senile old fools would just start talking to themselves, responding to their own threads and so on...
              Hell, they do that already.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

presumably to weed out the young immature posters? some of us younger posters are at least SOMEWHAT grown up ya know.
                -connorkimbro
                "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

You are probably in the "has reasonable opinions but shoudl be out chasing skirt" age division. Ask Bird...

Comment

Re: I'm confused

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    I'm over 30 but I act like a 12 year old. Would I be allowed in
                    I'm with the Horse on this
                    Attached Files
                    (+1)

Comment

One question remains - why? Just to post threads about things over 30s talk about? It seems we could just post them in the existing forums, the younguns wouldn't be interested in boring old drivel anyway.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I have a better idea how about a "Have More Brains than Gonads" forum. You qualify if you have more coherent logical thoughts than you have thoughts about sex and uncalled for violence.
                        Hmm, it would not work out though, I can only think of two posters that would qualify, one for an overabundance of the first, the other for lack of the second.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I admit I am immature in some regards. Over 30 is not for me. Of course I'm only 28.

I still can't believe someone mistaked my for being 17 on these forums. Am I that immature? Don't answer that My sig says it all.

Comment

Working...
                          X