Mark, Dan, Snapcase, Imran - civ1 news item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark, Dan, Snapcase, Imran - civ1 news item

I'm sorry, I don't know the protocols for giving you guys a tip.

in the latest issue (#100) of Gameinformer ( a multi platform mag), they had a feature of the 100 greatest games of all time.

Civilization ranked #62 on that list. Which I think is pretty good, since only 13 PC games made the list.

Sorry, no, I don't have a link.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

ONLY number #62? god, those guys were some fecking morons. .
    in another ranking, civ was ranked number 3 (under only mario and zelda) and even THEN i thought "god, those guys are some fecking morons. . "
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

#62 at least it is represented in the society.

for me it is #1 naturally.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Civ is #1 PC game, and #1 ovreall. Wonder who could rate Mario higher than Civ.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Funny, we're talking about it, and it still hasn't become a news item.

Maybe we don't do civ1 news items anymore

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Hi Father Beast. Generally speaking, emailing us news tips is the best way to get it to us. Nonetheless, we thank you for this (you did indeed post it in the correct forum )!

Do you have access to a scanner in which you could send us an image via email and/or a greater description if possible (i.e. what they say about <I>Civilization</I>)?

In either event, thanks in advance. We appreciate your taking your time to submit this tip to us.

---------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

In regards to your second post, FB:

Please note that all of us here at ACS are busy with Apolyton and other matters (e.g. job, volunteer work, family etc., sleep ) and it may take 24-36hrs. on average for us to post any news tips sent our way.

So, don't think that we're ignoring you or anything -- we haven't ignored our visitors before and we're not about to start now.

---------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Yeah, we busy .

But as Dan said, it would be nice to get some more info. It'd be a fairly short news item without it.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It should have been at least #30, even on a multi-platform magazine...
                  and yes... Mario IS better than civ The franchise, yes, but a single game- perhaps civ is better than a single Mario game...

Zelda deserves a high ranking.

-And I don't even own a console system!
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                    Hi Father Beast. Generally speaking, emailing us news tips is the best way to get it to us. Nonetheless, we thank you for this (you did indeed post it in the correct forum )!

Do you have access to a scanner in which you could send us an image via email and/or a greater description if possible (i.e. what they say about <I>Civilization</I>)?

In either event, thanks in advance. We appreciate your taking your time to submit this tip to us.

---------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    OK, I didn't buy the mag, I'll have to see if there's a site or something. I may buy the mag and scan it in. be back in a while. this may take a couple of days...

Comment

OK, I didn't buy the mag, but did write down their blurb about Civ. Here it is:

62. CIVILIZATION
                      Sid Meier put his stamp on the strategy gaming world with the release of Civilization. As a pioneering title in the world building genre, Civ enthralled gamers from sea to shining sea and spawned a flood of sequels. With Civ III on its way to shelves soon, a look back on this groundbreaking release is sure to bring a rush of nostalgia, and a nod of respect to a game that broke the mold by making a new one.
                      they also had a screenshot with several cities, but I didn't get it, so wasn't able to scan it in.

Comment

OK, here's the rundown, for those who are interested.

100. Ape Escape (ps2)
                        99. House Of The Dead 2 (dreamcast)
                        98.Starcraft (pc)
                        97. Mortal Kombat II (arcade)
                        96. Tetris Attack (snes)
                        95. NBA 2K1
                        94. Phantasy Star (sega)
                        93. Ninja Gaiden
                        92. Cool Boarders 2
                        91. Mario's Picross
                        90. Super Bomberman
                        89. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn (pc)
                        88. Road Rash
                        87. Hot Shots Golf (psx)
                        86. Tomb Raider (pc)
                        85. NFL 2K1 (dreamcast)
                        84. RC Pro Am
                        83. Kid Icarus (nes)
                        82. Suikoden (psx)
                        81. Age Of Empires (pc)
                        80. The Sims (pc)
                        79. Pro Wrestling (nes)
                        78. Panzer Dragoon Saga (sega saturn)
                        77.Secret Of Mana
                        76. Dr. Mario
                        75. Double Dragon (arcade)
                        74. Soul Calibur (dreamcast)
                        73. Twisted Metal 2
                        72. Robotron 2084 (arcade)
                        71. Banjo-Kazooie
                        70. Zork (pc)
                        69. Resident Evil - Code:Veronica (dreamcast)
                        68. The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (n64)
                        67. Ghouls N' Ghosts (arcade)
                        66. Bionic Commando (nes)
                        65. Donkey Kong Country 2 (snes)
                        64. Gauntlet (arcade)
                        63. Baseball Stars (nes)

62. CIVILIZATION (pc)

61. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (sega)
                        60. Donkey Kong (arcade)
                        59. Tekken 2 (arcade)
                        58. The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening
                        57. Arkanoid (arcade)
                        56. Tempest 2000 (atari Jaguar)
                        55. Chrono Cross
                        54. Technu: Stealth Assassins
                        53. Meatl Gear (nes)
                        52. Lode Runner (apple ii)
                        51. Ridge Racer (psx)

be back later with the rest

Comment

Well I shouldn't worry about that place, they are a bunch of console-game playing philistines. They wouldn't know a good game if it invaded them with 4 armor units followed by howitzers and a bunch of stealth bombers...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In contrast, Gamespy rated Civilization #4, and Civilization 2 in the 30s.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

err , this might sound ignorant , but what is Zelda?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X