Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site statistics

MarkG,

As a fellow lover of statisitics, I notice that each thread tells you how many people have viewed it. Is it possible for the Script to record who these people were and then when you click on the number of views it could take you to another page showing who the people were who have visited it.

I am just keenly interested to know who is reading our HOTW game thread over in Civ 2 MP . Wondering if we have other people reading it and enjoying it or maybe its jsut the 7 players re reading it al lthe time ..
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

i believe this would be both

1) too much data to collect
    2) too much private information avaliable publicly
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Statistics are good

not realy private nformation for most of us hide behind Nom de Plumes...

But I guess i could clog up the servers somewhat !!!

Is that why you took away the who is veiewing what page link... or was that before the latest change to Vbb ??

Comment

It would be an interesting novelty at first, but would soon become boring as no one would really want to read through the list of viewers. And you must have seen the sheer number of views some threads have received...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ras, you are displaying a worrying attribute.

There is a site page somewhere to tell you where people are at any given moment.

Edit - Ahhh, you got rid of it.
          Last edited by Dauphin; July 25, 2001, 16:01.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Statistics are good

Originally posted by Rasputin
            Is that why you took away the who is veiewing what page link... or was that before the latest change to Vbb ??
            no, this is just because the "who's online" feature of vB is not as good as the hack we had on ubb(in the sense that it doesnt show who's where. it's better in the part that keeps the record. the ubb hack kept loosing it...)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              And you must have seen the sheer number of views some threads have received...
              exactly. what's the point when a thread has 1000 or "just" 500 views?

Comment

Re: Re: Statistics are good

Originally posted by MarkG
                no, this is just because the "who's online" feature of vB is not as good as the hack we had on ubb(in the sense that it doesnt show who's where. it's better in the part that keeps the record. the ubb hack kept loosing it...)
                not knowing much about Bulletin boards.. wyd you have to hack the code, or is that just an expression ???

Comment

because the standard ubb software didnt have this and other features.

Comment

Working...
                  X