When will we get the quotes back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will we get the quotes back?

When 'Poly was on uBB we used to get these quotes on the "in-between" screens, after one created a thread, entered a message, or finished editing.

So when will we get this feature back?

Better yet, it could be improved to a "fortune cookie" type thing, where the quote is selected randomly from a file/database. It's not too hard to do with vBB it seems.

What say you, Markos?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

get me first a huge list of quotes and then i'll work something out.....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, it's a Linux box, so you can (hopefully) just use `/usr/games/fortune -s` for a start.

And give an option to add also a -o .
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
        Well, it's a Linux box, so you can (hopefully) just use `/usr/games/fortune -s` for a start.
        forgot about that...

but i dont have control over the content...

And give an option to add also a -o .
        for some strange reason the off directory is empty
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hmm... promote The Frontier - Apolyton communications and get the quotes from http://www.tb3.org.uk/forums/Forum3/HTML/000246.html !
          Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; July 25, 2001, 07:55.
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            get me first a huge list of quotes and then i'll work something out.....
            Hm, I hope you don't regret making such a request
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X