Why do I get logged out occasionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I get logged out occasionally?

Not particularly a problem, I just log back on when I need to post, but why do I occasionally get logged off Apolyton for no apparent reason? Anyone have any answers to this little conundrum?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

What browser are you using?

You should check your cookie settings.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It might be possible that some 'Poly cookies expire on you while you are browsing. It's not a big problem, but it has something to do with the scripts on the server.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Conspiracy! Conspiracy!

It happens to me too!
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Good javascript MarkG

it must just log off those with the high post counts , perhaps its designed to keep you below mark's total !!!

I have left my machine alone for hours and come back and still logged on. is their soemtihng in the cookies, maybe delete your cookies and start again ...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

wow, vBulletin is much better than i thought!
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

UBB isn't much worse than VB, for NORMAL poster, Markos.

BTW, did you guys now Markos will give Ming a 30% pcr, because he has way too many posts, and Markos feels he can't get Ming now .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                wow, vBulletin is much better than i thought!
                Maybe its vBBulitn AI .... Maybe its taking over

Comment

Re: Why do I get logged out occasionally?

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Not particularly a problem, I just log back on when I need to post, but why do I occasionally get logged off Apolyton for no apparent reason? Anyone have any answers to this little conundrum?
                  I have the same problem. It seems to come from VBB or from the new server or some other change made by Markos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                    Maybe its vBBulitn AI .... Maybe its taking over
                    Hopefully it'll have the sense to warp me up to Deity and ban Ming

*puts on black trenchcoat*

*practices dodging bullets*

Comment

OTOH, it could be faulty code that nukes random cookies at random intervals
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Same thing happens to me occasionally. I don't mind, unless it logs out right after I hit the "post" button...

BTW: I'm using IE 5.5, under WinME.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I have IE5 on both computers. This system is a WinNT4 SP5, and my home computer has Win 98 Second Edition. Don't bring that ME turd near me

As I say, I am not particularly bothered by it, but I am just curious what it is. Markos seemed to be in the know...I can understand if it is a security issue thing so that the cookie expires after so long and you have to restart. It would be bad to leave a cookie lying around on random computers, for example.
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            I have IE5 on both computers. This system is a WinNT4 SP5, and my home computer has Win 98 Second Edition. Don't bring that ME turd near me .
                            I actually quite like Windows ME, much less crashes using that than Win 98 !!! I looking forward to win XP ... Bill promises it is best !!!

Comment

I guess you're lucky. WinME crashed all the time on my computer. And I hardly ever hear anything positive about it.

And to stay on the topic of this thread: I also occasionally get logged out. Win98 with IE 5.5.

Comment

Working...
                              X