No announcement yet.

Faces of Apolyton: Primary Polling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iain, buddy, I only said you were the only major non-civing OT'er here.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Re: No Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      You ask me about why I don't play SMAC so I can poke fun at science fiction games and drop a bucket on the whole science fiction thing in general.
      Yeah, I'm with you. Historical Fact over Science Fiction any day. Leonardo's Workshop and the Great Library are well-documented, whereas the Nano Factory and the Planetary Datalinks ... what garbage!

Can't wait to see the whole bucket in the interview.
      Team 'Poly

Comment

• Where are you Bugs?

I sent him the interview replies and now he's gone missing
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Re: Where are you Bugs?

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          I sent him the interview replies and now he's gone missing
          Copy on to me, solver@apolyton.net . Hopefully.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Comment

• Solver- I'll whisper this to avoid interrupting Winston's nap. He wakes up grumpy and tearful, you see.

(I mailed it to you yesterday using the e-mail button. Let me know if you need another copy).
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Solver- I am merely responding to your post about 'very few people here have played all the games'

I have a feeling that most have; in fact I have played and own:

Civ in DOS
                Civ II
                CTP
                Alpha Centauri
                Colonization

The only game you listed that I haven't played is CTP2 and its system reqs are too high for my computer.

I'm not arguing with you. I am stating this.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  Solver- I am merely responding to your post about 'very few people here have played all the games'

I have a feeling that most have; in fact I have played and own:

Civ in DOS
                  Civ II
                  CTP
                  Alpha Centauri
                  Colonization

The only game you listed that I haven't played is CTP2 and its system reqs are too high for my computer.

I'm not arguing with you. I am stating this.
                  I have all of these, and also:
                  Civ for windows (that was hard to find!)
                  Civnet
                  and the addons-CiC, FW, TOT.

I don't own CTP2 because it hasn't gotten cheap enough yet. 20$ is my limit.
                  Except for civ3 of course
                  Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                  ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

• Originally posted by Father Beast

Civ for windows (that was hard to find!)
                    Civ for Windows???

I did not know it existed. Where did you find it????? Tell me, tell me, tell me pleez!

Comment

• There are enough abandonware sites that offer it, but it doesn't offer anything new besides the windows mode.
                      If you want to play civ in windows I'd search for Civnet instead.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Well, if anyone is interested, I am available for comment
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• *completely ignores some petty loser*

The advantage of civnet compared to civ in windows is that you can contact other civs at any time and that you choose which civ to play every time you load a saved game.

Comment

• I have Fantastic Worlds and Test of Time... Oh what I wouldn't do without FW
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                            X