FACES Of APOLYTON #2: WES W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACES Of APOLYTON #2: WES W

Second interview from the 'Faces of Apolyton' series has been posted! This time Solver interviews WesW, author of the Medieval Mod for Call to Power & Call to Power II. Click <a href="/misc/interviews/foa_2wesw.shtml">here</a> to read now.

If you have any suggestions on whom to interview next, either send a <a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=6796">pm</a> to our Interviews Chief (hyperlink), or mail him at <a href="mailto:solver@apolyton.net">solver@apolyton. net</a> .

Plus, Solver has announced that anyone might be asking questions! If you want to be one of them, again, send him a <a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=6796">pm</a> or mail <a href="mailto:solver@apolyton.net">solver@apolyton. net</a> . If you do, you'll receive a message from Solver saying that you're allowed to ask some questions, naming the next interviewed person.

Next time, unless something special comes up , you'll read an interview with Tau Ceti, administrator of the hillarious SMAC play-by-email tournament. Stay tuned!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

A round of applause to Wes, Locutus, Dale, Wombat, and all the others who did such a great job on MedMod2. And it's not done yet..... Anyone who steered clear of CTP2 because of the AI horror stories should really give it a try now. In addition to Wes' Med Mod, there's another excellent mod pack called Cradle of Civilization (made by Hexagonian), and between the two of them you'll certainly get your money's worth.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I have olny palyed CTP a few times and never played CTP2 at all, this interview and description of the mod pack has made me change my mind, i think i will go hire the game and play with it with the appropiate mod installed, wish me luck !!!!
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Kull
        A round of applause to Wes, Locutus, Dale, Wombat, and all the others who did such a great job on MedMod2.
        Woh! Take me outta that list! I haven't actually done anything to help with the MedMod

In addition to Wes' Med Mod, there's another excellent mod pack called Cradle of Civilization (made by Hexagonian), and between the two of them you'll certainly get your money's worth.
        I did help with Cradle though, PoW and WonderUnits code.

I agree though, the Mods do make CTP2 worth what it is now selling for.

Great interview Solver
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I actually think that CtP 2 with MedPack should be a commercial product, rather than the original CtP 2. Original it's not worth the money more than 5 bucks .
          I told you this interview is going to be even bigger .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think that DarkCloud ought to be the next interviewee. I`ve always wondered what it is that compells him to want to garner more information about Apolyton all the time.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

*looks at telephone, waiting for that offer of an interview*

*still tapping fingers on desk*

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

OK, I'm on my third game of CTP1, and am just starting to get a bit frustrated with some craziness. I'm a bit worried about a modpack, though. can I ust drop it into a subfolder like with FW? or would I need to write over the main files?
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Gee, I must have missed something...

A good interview, frankly for first time in a very VERY long time I could think of playing CTP 1/2. Apereantly amaizing work has been done by WesW. (Hope you'll work for Civ3 also a little )

Solver: Please continue - this is besides fun reading a good way to present something. (Two inteerviews and both were something new to me.)

Comment

Yes, another good job Solver. That makes two well done interviews.

BUT,
                    1. SMAC
                    2. CTP2

This is primarily a CIV site. Would it be too much to ask for one where the main focus is CIV? Oh, I forgot, Solver isn't familiar with any of those people.

RAH
                    That's R.A.H.

I can't believe I posted here before Ras did.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      This is primarily a CIV site. Would it be too much to ask for one where the main focus is CIV
                      smac and ctp ARE civ, whether you like it or not
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Picky picky picky. I don't see smac and Ctp in the site title.

Anyway, you know what I mean.

I was just trying to reinforce some of the comment expressed in the other solver thread.

I mean, first you make the OT people feel like second class citizens, and now you're making all the CIV players feel that way too.

So how about it MARK!

RAH

I'm glad no one takes me seriously
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And to even infer that CTP2 is civ is laughable.
                          Without mod packs the game was unplayable.

Next you'll be saying the golf is civ.

Like it or not.

RAH
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            And to even infer that CTP2 is civ is laughable.
                            Without mod packs the game was unplayable.
                            Hey
                            Almost unplayable actually

and modded, its better than Civ2, so there
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ALMOST,

The wimpiest AI ever.

Heck without the patch, the game kept crashing.

I might almost concede the "better than" if MP ever worked right.

Because MP is where the action is.

RAH

Now if anyone had ever given me a simple answer when I asked how to use the wes's modpack in the CTPII forum, I might have tried it, because i did think the game had SOME promise. Still waiting.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X