• Show
Clear All

Uh,

Yeah, right.

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Re: Uh,

Originally posted by Exile
      Yeah, right.

Exile
      You are always welcome to your opinion... There is no way that EVERYBODY will agree with any action taken... So we just do our best. And will we piss people off... sure... but that can't stop us from trying to do our thankless job
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nooooooo! REALLY?

Piss people off?

Like when you call someone a spammer who has never spammed anything in his life?

You mean like that?

Well, thankless IS correct, but this is NOT a job. Nobody is paying you. You just do it for the kicks of inflicting your judgements on others. This is known as a "power trip."

Exile
        Lost in America.

Comment

Re: Nooooooo! REALLY?

Originally posted by Exile
          Piss people off?

Like when you call someone a spammer who has never spammed anything in his life?

You mean like that?

Well, thankless IS correct, but this is NOT a job. Nobody is paying you. You just do it for the kicks of inflicting your judgements on others. This is known as a "power trip."

Exile
          Again, you are welcome to your opinion... I didn't ask for this job. The owners thought I was the right person for the job and offered it to me with no prompting on my part. If it was a power trip, I would restrict far more people, and nail anybody that disagrees me. Since I don't do that...

I also don't send insulting PM's to people full of swear words.
          I once traded insulting ICQ's with somebody that had been insulting me... I learned that it doesn't accomplish anything, so I don't do that anymore...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

You want a medal?

The comparison is not apt. Apples and oranges. You and I are not in the same power position. If you're expecting me to behave just like you, guess again. So you've learned that exchanging messages full of profane insults is unproductive, huh. Let's have a rousing huzaah for ming's virtue.

I've learned that when someone strikes at me, even from a distance, letting it slide isn't a good idea. It is effectively postive reinforcement conditioning for the striker to try it again.

I try very hard to give as good as I get.

Insult me an screw me around and I WILL hit back any way that I can. Why on earth shouldn't I?

Exile
            Lost in America.

Comment

Uhhh... who started it...
              You sent the first PM complaining how anal we are?
              I found that just as insulting as you claim you found my response...

I guess I'm not allowed to respond either

Who started all the name calling and swearing... uhhhh... wasn't it you....

Feel free to post ALL the PM's unedited... and let people make their own minds up...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Hey, Eli, chill and relax. Have an Infinitely Improbable slurpee at the Coffee Shop. Don't care about a few posts... you've probably made 300 posts that would have given you a PCR in similar circumstances anyway .

(Why does my upper lip feel like a diamond?)
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Who started it? Give me a break!

"Who started it?"

Who deleted which thread?

Who didn't bother to explain why?

Hey! Maybe you are anal-retentive. Feeling a little self-conscious about it? If you aren't, why would it bother you? After all, you're awfully fond of pointing out how nothing bothers you, right?

You found my responses insulting? REALLY.

They were meant to be.

Look at what I just said in the last post. If someone insults me, why shouldn't I return the favor? Hey! If it's ok for you to do it, then it's ok for me to do it too.

If you had reponded differently the first time, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. YOU chose to be dismissive and insulting. I replied in kind. What is ok for you is ok for me. Otherwise, you'd be a hypocrite. You're not a hypocrite, right?

Who started name-calling? Funny, I just don't recall referring to you as a spammer. Now did you call me a spammer? or not? Hmmmmmmmm? Can you answer that question for me?

As for profanity; I will use it whenever I want to make an impact on those that I address. And it is NOT inappropriate in all cases.

And as for your last remark; this is between you and me. It is not a popularity contest and I am not going willingly invite all the A.S.S-kissers, bootlickers, and apple-polishers into this. I don't NEED vindication by the crowd.

Why do you?

Exile
                  Lost in America.

Comment

I can see why you would want to keep the conversation private

I have nothing to hide... do you?

It is my job to delete threads that I feel violate the rules. In my opinion, yours did. I don't OWE you any kind of response. If you had posted a thread asking why it was deleted... I would have responded, like I do EVERY time somebody posts such a thread.
                    I also respond to ALL PM's and ICQ's....
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

I'm surprised.

For someone who, supposedly, is the recipient of higher education, it's a mystery why you both dodged my question AND used pseudoargumentation.

I'll ask the question again. Maybe you just failed to notice it the last time around.

Who called who a spammer? Now, was that me calling you that? Or did you call me that? Can you just answer that one question and quit dodging?

My basic logics textbook defines your tactic as "appeal to popular belief." What others think is irrelevant to the argument. Prior to the discovery of the New World, most of the population in Europe thought the world was flat. Despite the fact that the majority accepted this belief, the world wasn't flat. If that example is too vulgar, I can cite a dozen others. Gallileo, Copernicus, Brahae, Newton. No one believed them at first either. Did that matter? No. I don't care to air the dirty laundry so that others can get their vicarious kicks and, more importantly, (especially for you) so that the A.S.S. kissers can side with you on this.

Are you a man? Can we keep this between us? WHY are you seeking the "opinions" of others?

I'll tell you why.

Your position is weak; you know that if you could display the exchanges between us, then all the little "yes-men" would side with you, whether it was justifiable or not. You're also dodging the question of just who insulted whom first. You can't answer that question, because then you would have to say that, yes, you DID call me a spammer and that, yes this DOES constitute name-calling.

Unless you wanted to lie about it.

Are you going to lie about it?

Exile
                      Lost in America.

Comment

Uhhh... since you are refering to something that was said in a PM, I have no problem quoting what I said that you are refering too...

First, it had no business being in the community forum except to add to yours and the other spammers post counts...

Second, you don't put members names in a poll in a negative way.
                        Now, this was in response to your initial PM to me, that I also felt was insulting. Again, if your first PM had not been sarcastic, I would have had a real discussion about the subject... however, you were the one that started it... so please get off your high horse on this one.

Again... feel free to publish the entire discussion. I am not embarrased about anything I said, or feel anything I did was wrong. So I would have no problem with the entire conversation being put on the record (feel free to delete all the personal information you included about yourself)
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, at least you did answer the question.

Finally!

Why didn't you just do that three posts ago?

"you and the other spammers."

That's CRAP, ming, and you know it. I am about as far from being a "spammer" as you are from being right.

So, obviously, you DID start the name-calling.

I rest my case.

But of course, you won't admit that you're wrong or anything. And, of course, no apologies will be forthcoming. Don't worry, I didn't expect it of you. After all, you and the pope, right?

Infallible.

Despite your claims that you "occasionally" make a mistake, you're obviously too personally-involved for that kind of admission here. Whatever you do, don't offer up a "sorry" or anything like that, even though you just admitted to name-calling.

I don't expect anything better from you.

I consider this matter finished, but I'll bet any amount of money that you just have to have the last word, right?

Ok, now ming, prove me right.

Exile
                          Lost in America.

Comment

Post the entire conversation... starting with your initial Pm...
                            Then people will see what is crap
                            Now I have nothing else to say on this subject also...
                            Last edited by Ming; July 22, 2001, 16:00.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Please compare these threads:

1.) Thread 22458
                              (4 people get a 10% PCR for saying that the forum section should be closed... Eli made a joke about another "Area 25" incident. I believe jokes should be allowed if one makes a valuable point. The others agreed with him.)

2.) Thread 22813

Spam. Venom wasn't banned or even warned for this.

-
                              We do need a bill of rights.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                                2.) Thread 22813

Spam. Venom wasn't banned or even warned for this.

-
                                We do need a bill of rights.
                                that's the first time i see this thread(and i dont think we ever said that we see every post that is made). i didnt get any complaints about it either until this post....

just so that you... feel that you are posting in a place where justice exists, venom got a 10% pcr(the incredible amount of 8 posts)....
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X