When will the quote lines change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the quote lines change?

MarkG: You said earlier (when the Civ3 style was born that you would change that image for the lines above and beneath the quotes in civ3 styles to the same color as the quotes).

Still nothing has been changed, why. Is it that hard to change one pic in the Civ3 style?

I know you have mush to do, but just change one pic? It can't take more then five minutes.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

the image is common for all styles, as the html code for the quote tag is not part of the styles definition....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      the image is common for all styles, as the html code for the quote tag is not part of the styles definition....
      And ther is no way to change that?

I.E. use HR with a style that sets its color and height.

Comment

I just had another , but it would mean some work...

Why don't you make a directory for stylespecific images of each style. Then in all pages uses that as a base URL (<BASE HREF="http://www.apolyton.net/styles/civ3/"> or what ever you name it). Then you just have to change all links and pictures to the name, if stylespecific, or to the full path or "../../path" if not stylespecific.

Comment

Just one more thing Mark

As you seem to ignore me, maybe because of how hard and long time what I suggested will take to do, I'll ask you one final question, and I hope to get an answer to it.

How come that the textcolor of the quote can change from style to style, but the image can't?

If you have a variable for the textcolor, can't you just name the images to the textcolor.gif, in that way you could use the same variable as for the text (if you have one).

I hope that you at least take you time to answer to this.

Added:
          Still no answer?
          Please can you tell me how the textcolor gets right, and if there is any way you can change the lines.

<SMALL>Edit: Spelling, added some lines to mage Mark answer</SMALL>
          Last edited by Gramphos; July 26, 2001, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
          X