Public Floggings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Floggings

Do the posters here at apolyton want to see a public acknoledgement of all PCRs and Bannings whenever they occur. This may help others see what are the consequences of the wrong actions such as spamming, hate posts, sexual posts etc...
    Yes, wil lserve to warn others the mods are watching
    60.00%
    No, Wrong doing is a private matter for the mods t odeal with
    30.00%
    No. there should be no punishment at all!!
    10.00%
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Re: Public Floggings

Originally posted by Rasputin
    Do the posters here at apolyton want to see a public acknoledgement of all PCRs and Bannings whenever they occur. This may help others see what are the consequences of the wrong actions such as spamming, hate posts, sexual posts etc...
    Is there any other forum that you visit cause you seem to have moved into this one.

Are you trapped here :banned:
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

No. Bad idea. It would prove an incentive to get banned for some, just like some nearly soiled themselves in excitement at the prospect of getting a "Village Idiot" title when it was first mooted.

It would provoke mind-bendingly tedious slurries of irritating bevaviour. Bad, bad idea.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Re: Public Floggings

Originally posted by Sprayber

Is there any other forum that you visit cause you seem to have moved into this one.

Are you trapped here :banned:
        no this is only a minor part of my postings, I moslty post in MP forum of Civ2, also at Civ 2 General/Help, and Civ2 Strategy tolearn how to play better (much thanks to Scouse gits for al lyour help especiallu No 2) Also I used to post heaps in Civ 3 suggestions but i only go there when bored now as it hardly changes anymore !!!

Ocassionaly for a laugh I drop down to OT but very rare

Comment

BFingB is right. That's why I generally don't make a public issue out of it. Most of the frequent customers are specifically looking to get banned or warned, and get some ego strokes out of it.

For those, I always deny them the attention they're trying to get. (One even offered to "let" me ban him for five weeks, if I posted a thread about it. )
          Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; July 23, 2001, 19:06.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Darn mods! Nobody wants a martyr!

*Ming picks up stones*

Comment

Well, I don't know Reb, they are a hell of a lot of fun to read and comment on.

Being on the recieving end of controversy is no fun of course, but it is big yuks for everybody else to read how some body got crushed by the rules.

Plus it does allow the "court of public opinion, the second guesser's paradise" to thrive in the community area.

You must admit, it does pass the time.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Post a summary report of monthly PCRs and bannings - or just the most popular causes thereof.

You could then use some as specific types of examples in the FAQ do's and don'ts. Just change the names to protect the innocent.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I couldn't care less if someone whines about it, but if you give attention to the attention cravers, it encourages them.

Sometimes, if I've got free time, there's some entertainment value, but nowadays, I can find better things to do with my time.

Anybody reasonable can be talked to privately, and you never have to ban them.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I think that punishments should be kept private, but all 'apeals' against punishments should be made public so that others can weigh in.

I really don't like the idea of moderators being able to label people (eg village idiot) - I've seen this get completly out of hand and ruin thriving messge boards (eg the moderator drives interesting posters away by giving them insulting titles)
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yeah, but in some cases certain posters asked for them titles.

I'm not mentioning names.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think you're flogging a dead horse here Raz

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Actually I was surprised to see this poll back

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          Only good horse is a dead horse, you know my motto !!!!!!

If the people play up to get punished perhpas the punishments arent suitably strict enough for those people... perhaps a ban is more appropiate for those that are palying up, but i guess till you can close the DL loophole, too easy to get around a ban

Comment

Working...
                          X