Reporting threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting threads

Just a suggestion to those of you seeing spam. Why don't you use the "Report post" function? It's pretty effective, but I haven't seen it used much. A tip for you all.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Below is what I originally posted before I found the report post link in the upper right corner of every post. My fault.

Are you talking about the rate thread option? Because I have not seen a reporting thread feature. Is it something not included in light style?
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Re: Reporting threads

Originally posted by Solver
        Just a suggestion to those of you seeing spam. Why don't you use the "Report post" function? It's pretty effective, but I haven't seen it used much. A tip for you all.
        If you do report some thread, does anyone see who reported the thread?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

thanks solver i didnt notice that button, i will be using it often now i think, watch out you spmammers !!!!
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I don't like looking at that part of the posts as the '|' between report and ip is in the wrong color in the Civ3 styles.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

When you report, moderators of the forum get an email, saying that Username reported a thread Threadname located at ThreadURL, and sent a message MessageText.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                I don't like looking at that part of the posts as the '|' between report and ip is in the wrong color in the Civ3 styles.
                fixed, just so that you feel more comfortable with reporting posts....
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Until MTG mentioned it a while ago, I did not understand that the ! symbol was a report post function. It's pretty low profile. Maybe if you put some little test next to it, people will use it more.

Comment

Aim of this thread is to make people use it more. If I saw something I don't know purpose of, I'd check what it is.
                    Plus, I use Light-Civ 3 style, and it is text, instead of the ! image.

Comment

My reply to Solver's comments:

"Aim of this thread is to make people use it more."

This will not have permanent impact.

"If I saw something I don't know purpose of, I'd check what it is."

You are not the average user. When you design webpages, you have to make the functions obvious. Most people DON'T investigate.

"Plus, I use Light-Civ 3 style, and it is text, instead of the ! image."

1. You need to design the page for the average user, not yourself.
                      2. The default style is not light. The average user will have the default style on.

Comment

For sure I'm not an average user, being an ACS Staff Member.
                        I thought most users investigate. Don't they get curios seeing a unknown purpose incon? Anyway, I have never received a reported thread in my forums, and want people to use the feature at least sometimes.

Comment

I thought most users investigate. Don't they get curios seeing a unknown purpose incon?
                          Read some web design stuff. People are lazy. They will use a feature if it is obvious what it is. But they won't investigate every little curlicue on every little site.

Anyway, I have never received a reported thread in my forums, and want people to use the feature at least sometimes.
                          Well...I couldn't have made my point better... ;-)

Text, grasshopper, text. Like the reply with quote text...

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                            Well...I couldn't have made my point better... ;-)
                            it's more probable that the ctp and ac multiplaying forums hardly ever have posts that people want to complain about to the moderators...
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's why I want to kick you, Markos. These forums are so boring that, wanting eve more job to do here, I started making those interviews .

Comment

Working...
                              X