Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and don't give us temptations.

Hi MarkG,
    it's been a while since last idea, so it's time for a new one...

I was just looking at the Profile page and notised a dangerous temptation on it. There was under the table the line: <i>"Administrative Options: User Options"</i> and gues who got interested...

Luckily your system knew better and didn't let me use it, but wouldn't it be even better if it was only shown to an administrator? When someone doesn't know about it - likelihood of it been tried is lesser.

Just an idea and since i only needs one IF statement it should be easily fixed.

I think it would be just unnecessary extra work to include a check for poster's status. It would need, at least, to:

- Receive the log-in cookie
    - Find the reader's user information and the password
    - decrypt the password
    - include an if statement for the printing of the ""Administrative Options: User Options"

All in all, it is not really so much work, but it is nonetheless unnecessary extra work, and remembering that it is Markos who should be making it it will NOT get done .
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
      All in all, it is not really so much work, but it is nonetheless unnecessary extra work, and remembering that it is Markos who should be making it it will NOT get done .
      care to explain that a bit more?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hmm... I'm just building on the "three threads/24 hours" basis... So I don't think it needs much explaining .
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
          I'm just building on the "three threads/24 hours" basis
          and the reason why that wasnt done?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Umm... I think I could remember that far but am too embarrassed by Ming .

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X