Postings out of sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postings out of sequence

Has anyone else noted that some of their posts aren't being posted to the end of a thread but are actually been posted a few posts back.

I think it may be something to do with the clocks, not sure though. "The time now is 18:55, all times are GMT," I made it 21:55 BST -> 20:55 GMT. 2 hours out I do believe

Anyway, as an example, you can see that although I started this thread in the off-topic, I am, miraculously, not the first to post in it.

Any ideas?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

This isn't new, it has something to do with the servers at Gamestats and it causes the clock to turn back 3 hours or so. This results in posts being dated 3 hours earlier and turning up before other posts which have a later date.
    I thought they had fixed this by now but apparently not.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Just noticed two other threads, both closed aswell. I don't have time to read all the threads, just usually scan the titles. I didn't see them straight away so started this one.

Guess this is old news then.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

the server was down for around 30 minutes, and as it usually does after this recent type of crashes, the server time got back 3 hours.

the clock is fixed now....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, but for how long?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's a BIOS problem isn't it? Or perhaps something with the mobo. Get some flunkie technician to take a look at it Markos.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR the servers in question belong to Gamestats I believe, you'll have to adress yourself to them.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

There is a systemic error which is not being addressed. The trouble-shooting is not being conducted with adequate rigor. Supervisory elements are not pushing hard enough for the right answer. (accepting bogus explanations.)

Comment

GP:

We have asked for an explanation on several occasions and we have not yet got one as I suspect they have not been able to isolate the cause of the clock lag. Rest assured we do not accept "bogus" explanations of any kind.

---------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

IIRC the server is a Wintel box, so the clock lag is more than likely caused by a problem with the mother board or inproperly configured BIOS.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

actually, it's a Lintel machine

Comment

Actually, from the HTTP header...

<BLOCKQUOTE>Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a DAV/1.0.1 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.24
                        X-Powered-By: PHP/4.0.4.pl1</BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, it took 26 connections to load this page!
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
                          Actually, from the HTTP header...

<BLOCKQUOTE>Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a DAV/1.0.1 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.24
                          X-Powered-By: PHP/4.0.4.pl1</BLOCKQUOTE>
                          did i say anything different?

Comment

No, you didn't. I merely clarified it for those who perhaps want to know if Apolyton's server uses mod_perl or not .
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X