Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Limits

A small request.

I've started a succession game for ToT but cannot attach the SAV file since it is over 150 KB. I do not have a ZIP utility and would really like to post this file. Is the 150 KB a hard and fast limit or is it felxible? If it is flexible, is it popssible to raise the limit so that SAV files can be attached. I've also noticed that in a Civ2 succession game I'm in someone else has also had this problem. Thanks for your consideration.
    Here's a link.

limit set to 200k
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Winzip

Originally posted by MBloomIII
      I do not have a ZIP utility and would really like to post this file.
      You can download a winzip version here:

http://www.pec.org.pk/other_pages/dowmload_area.htm

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        limit set to 200k
        MarkG, you da man!

Thank you!
        Here's a link.

Comment

it just occured to me that all these attachments must be filling up your servers,, how long are you going to keep them on hte server? how much space is dedicated to them ??
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
            it just occured to me that all these attachments must be filling up your servers,, how long are you going to keep them on hte server? how much space is dedicated to them ??
            The biggest thing it would seem would not be the actual space it is filling up but instead the cost of transfer rates which are many times the most expensive part of web serving. Heck, this could be part of the reason for the slow download times experienced on the forums.

So should there be concern that the attachments are taking up ACS's resources?
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

we already have over 1.5G of files for the various games, we didnt have to wait to have forum attachements in order to have lots of bandwidth use...
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yay! Big enough to fit a zipped CTP2 game now
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  we already have over 1.5G of files for the various games, we didnt have to wait to have forum attachements in order to have lots of bandwidth use...
                  wow, now that is some serious sized collection of files.... what would we do without you and dan putting it all togeether for us... You are just brilliant

now after that lovely compliment can i have my PCR reveresed
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                  X