Visual problems -IE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual problems -IE4

Hi. I'm on a PC with the antiquated Internet Explorer 4 Browser. On the thread listings page, it displays as if I had a larger resolution than I actually do (I'm on a laptop, 800 x 600), though in the code the table width is listed as 100% and should display correctly.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

should be ok now
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Can't you upgrade?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Markos: Fraid not. When I stopped it half-way through loading it displayed correctly, though. This leads me to believe that the problem is on the bottom half of the table... I'll look for it.

PH: My parents don't want me to mess with their PC. It's good eough for them, apparently.

Comment

Snapcase, my youngster! You're one of the guys who can show the parents that you have twice as big knowledge of PCs as they do (I suspect so). And overall, IE sucks. Period here.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Frankly I don't think they'd notice, but since I live abroad 30 weeks per year I am at their mercy whenever I'm home. I'll just install IE 5.5 or Netscape 4.71 and since they browse about 2 minutes every six months on this PC, they probably won't notice. It used to be that we had a Family PC, and that even though my mom went ballistic when I upgraded to Win 95 I could validly do it, but this is their computer; mine is in a loft on Woolnough avenue in York, England.

Comment

Snap,

I'd suggest you to download a copy of the newest Mozilla and put that on your computer. I have no problems using it with 'Poly, it's small (compared to IE), fast, and doesn't mess with the registry.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X