Help with Web Design + Bulletin Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Web Design + Bulletin Boards

I originally posted this in the Off-Topic section, but it was recommended to me that I try my luck here, instead.

I'm trying to set up a wee bulletin board of my own (Panic ye not, moderators, I'm not trying to steal any lime-light from Apolyton ). YaBB is free, but I'm told that my current server won't support the cgi (is that right?) code that it uses.

What's my best bet? In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to run a FREE bulletin board within my current Geocities account, but I'm told that's simply not possible.

I appreciate that I should really have gone to a site that deals specifically with techie questions like these, but Apolyton appears to have attracted some of the finest minds of our time...

Flattery will get me everywhere!
    A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

there are free-forums sites like www.ezboard.com
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Or alternatively try a free cgi hosting service like

www.hypermart.net or www.f2s.com

Comment

Watch out Markos, he could be competition....

Comment

The only bad thing about EZ board is they now charge if you don't want any ads. If you don't pay there are pop ups.

Otherwise it is good.

If you want space on my board send me a PM. We mainly have Angband stuff now.
          My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
          from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
          --MarkG

and by MikeH
          she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Thanks for those URLs, folks. I'll chase them up in due course.
            Watch out Markos, he could be competition....
            I hardly think the all-seeing, all-knowing behemoth that is Apolyton has anything to fear from wikkle me.
            If you want space on my board send me a PM. We mainly have Angband stuff now.
            As much as I appreciate the offer, Kitty, I'd rather the board was affiliated purely with my homepage, for reasons that would probably bore you to tears

Also, if the off-topic crew caught me fraternising with an ACOLyte, they'd lynch me from the nearest tree!
            A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

*Grabs rope and ladders*

Comment

*torch in one hand and pitchfork in another*

I'd say you should try f2s.com. Good learning experience.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X