Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My patience is gone.

Originally posted by Exile
    What in the hell is going on? Why does it take 5 minutes to load a thread? I echo the sentiments of the thread starter--IS THIS EVER GOING TO BE FIXED?!

3 crashes in as many weeks. Tecumseh left and says he won't be coming back because of the slow loading times. I'm on the verge of doing the same thing myself.

Guys, YOU ARE LOSING PEOPLE, FAST. I don't know what the problem is, but you should put all available effort into repairing whatever the problem is found to be. Sitting for 5 minutes waiting on a thread to load that took 10 seconds the day before is too frustrating to put up with.

As it is, I don't come here as often as I used to. My participation might get even scarcer still. There are other sites around. They are NOT having these kinds of recurring, inconsistent, and annoying difficulties with their loading times.

Annoyed beyond reason,
    Exile

I have to disagree with this. While every couple months, the threads slow down and are acompanied by lots of rants about how Apolyton is going to lose tons of posters, I have yet to see this happen. Right now there are 66 registered members posting and another 25 guests. Earlier today that figure was over a 100/30. Apolyton seems to be growing while you talk about it dying.

I may be wrong, but I hope I am not. Because I am willing to have some slow downloads to continue to be a part of this site.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

i guess all the extra members and guests ar eprobably not helping all the go slows and crashes, they sheer numbers are overwhelming the server
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

1) the general problem is not on us or on how many people are on the forums(of course we get 200 people things will be slower but the source of the problem wont be there). the problem(which as we have said is related to bandwidth) was on other sites co-hosted with us on the same server. the crashes issue is a different matter and again unrelated to apolyton.

2) sometimes it's not even our server. sometimes the problem is somewhere in between the visitor and the server. and there is nothing that can be done by us in those occasions.

3) many people have noted that there have been an improvement over the last 3-4 weeks. this is shown in the number of posts and threads made, which has risen back

4) hopefully we'll have a big change on this whole situation but nothing is certain yet....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
        X