Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ (and options) needs (minor) revision

Section VII of the FAQ currently says:
    Why do I have to give my e-mail address?
    This is done in order to avoid fake and double logins.
    Be assure that your mail will be kept private if you wish so. You can set in your preferences so that your mail is not publicly shown.
    As the new forum never makes your mail public The last two sentences should be changed to: "Be assure that your mail will be kept private. You may set in your preferences that you don't allow other users to mail you without knowing your mail." (Ore something like that)

And as the option currently says
    Hide Email Address?
    Clicking yes hides your email address in your public profile, so that it is not accessible by other users.
    that has to be corrected too.

This would be more what it does:
    Don't allow users to email you?
    Clicking yes disables the email function in your public profile, so that no other users can send you mail.

These are just suggestions to new formulations. You will probably find out something better.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

PS

Regarding the option it would be better if you swap "Yes" and "No" and makes it:

Allow other users to email you
    Clicking yes enables the email function of the forum and allows other users to email you. (This will not reveal your email address.)

I hope everything is in this time.

<SMALL>No more trouble from me today. I can (almost) promise that. </SMALL>

Comment

Sorry I couldn't keep my promise.

I know I told you I wouldn't trouble you more today. Anyway as I was in my control panel checking my options I see that the description of "Subscribe to the Newsletter?" is bigger then all other descriptions. I don't know if this is an error or if it just is a way for you to market your Newsletter by making that option bigger.

<SMALL>If I find anything more I'll make a note and post it tomorrow to keep my promise from now on. </SMALL>

Comment

Re: Sorry I couldn't keep my promise.

thanks for the note.

strangely enough, the text for the mail option is the default one.

Originally posted by Gramphos
        I don't know if this is an error or if it just is a way for you to market your Newsletter by making that option bigger.
        since you are about to receive mails every week if you select "yes", i thought it should be more readable....
        but it's also a "marketing thing"
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

as long as we dont get "marketing" things such as ads in the newsletter sent to our emails !!

Althoug i guess the guys here need to finance their retirments one way or another
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
            as long as we dont get "marketing" things such as ads in the newsletter sent to our emails !!
            until now, the newsletter already contained ads from listbot

now it wont contain a thing, unless we put ads of our own. anyway, you will only get our newsletters

people have given us their mail addresses for years now without geting spam due to their registration....
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

it was jsut a joke Mark. i trust you guys
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
              X