No announcement yet.

Thread length limits: To return or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread length limits: To return or not?

I've noticed that we have quite a number of threads all over the boards which are currently up to 200+ or 300+ posts. Before the switch, the limit was 150.

Is this a good development or not?
    No, threads should go on indefinitely until everyone has said everything possible
    58.33%
    Yes, the old limit of 150 was good
    16.67%
    Yes, but we should have a higher limit than before
    25.00%
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

The new limit is 500. The new software should be able to handle it. We will just have to wait and see
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't know that

Could you change that third poll option, then, Ming....please?
      PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

I didn't know that, either

I thought the limit was removed.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well the 150 post limit was only there for one of speed of the forums. And very few threads reach 500 anyway.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

in the old forums, things got buggy when the threads got big. presumably, these new forums can handle more. so whats the need for the 150 limit?

ming, perhaps the forums can handle more than 500 even?. .
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

For one thing, the thread listings page of each forum only links to the first, second, third and last pages of each thread. That means you have to open up one of those pages and then click on the 'next page' link, if say you wanted to see page 5 of 8.
              PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

ok thats what last page means !! i thought it meant no more room to post !!!
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I found a bug with the thread length limits:

After it reaches page 6 the thread's address does not tell the thread ID... it merely says Post # (if you had ever posted in the thread)
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                  X