Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to remove thread post lengthy limits!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to remove thread post lengthy limits!

Does anyone remember such Apolyton Classics as "What is the best MBT?".... or even the "Coffee Shop"...

What is with this 150 rule... or whatever it is....?

Who will stand here with me demanding that our rights be returned?

We need our post counting back for this forum, this is the only forum I post at. I think the posts limits have been repealed? Haven't they?
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Did I even post this in the right forum?

Comment

Gayness: 8.4

Sorry, buddy; your intense longing for the company of other men shines through in this post.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Actually, this isn't the right forum for this. And that's why I'm going to move it from the OTF to the Apolyton Community forum.

But to answer your question...
          I've had a discussion with MarkG. The opinion now is that the 150 post limit is no longer in place. The new software can better handle the larger threads. While I'm not saying that there isn't some kind of limit... We will no longer be enforcing the 150 post limit. If we get complaints or see problems with a long thread, then action might be taken. We will see.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Upon further review... MarkG has reminded me that there is still a post limit in threads. The new limit is 500
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

500 ought to do it, now that MAO's coffee shop has flopped from sheer banality and boredom, and a boycott by capitalists.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

The 500 post limit is good for the AC story threads. At least for the ongoing ones like CC and SC and others if the time was taken to revive them.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

*signs in*

Comment

i noticed that some threads show the page numbers of the thread as it grows, but when it gets to page 5 it shows "LASt PAGE" instead of a number , is this the limit now...
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                      i noticed that some threads show the page numbers of the thread as it grows, but when it gets to page 5 it shows "LASt PAGE" instead of a number , is this the limit now...
                      now, this is not a limit, it's a feature

when the thread has over 5 pages, the links will be to the pages "near" the one you are in(the next two, the previous two) but also the last one, as an easy way to get to.... the last page

now, since i think that the... petition is now dead, i can close this thread....
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                      X