c170 MOD = MORE DOUGH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c170 MOD = MORE DOUGH?

Christian Ehn is writing the 170th article for Column, titled <A href="/misc/column/170_mod.shtml" target="_top">MOD = MORE DOUGH?</a>

Btw, thanks to the increased number of submissions, for the next three weeks we will be posting 2 articles per week. If you would like to help us keep the Column at this pace, <a href=http://apolyton.net/misc/column/submit.shtml>submit an article</a>
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I could not agree more!

Trading standards or (here in the UK) the trade description act should require both the game publishers to produce and stockists to carry free upgrade CDs as soon as bug-fixes become available - the sale of barely functional (and in some cases totally unfunctional) games followed by a belated internet only patch is completely immoral and should be made illegal.
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I agree also! Does anyone here remember the "Birth of the Federation" game? The game was plagued with bugs. After the first one or two patches the accountants stepped in, determined that the company had nothing to gain from spending any more time. The producer then announced that there would be no further patches, leaving many purchasers high and dry! IMHO this was nearly a confession of fraud, and should have at least prompted the company to issue a recall with full refund. Call to Power was similar, a broken product never adequately fixed.
      I applaud the UK for having the gumption to prtevt its consumers!
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
      X