An idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea...

I posted this in another thread and I was directed to here. I'm playing multiple multiplayer games (SMAC/SMAX) and what takes the most time (at least at this early stage) is posting to the boards. Two suggestions..

1) Is it possible (or can it be made possible) to email to a thread so you can do it all offline and send it when you connect

2) Reduce the 45 second waiting between posts. I find if I upload a number of turns I have to wait for this restriction to clear.

Just a few ideas....
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

edit: oops, I thought this is the Civ3 forums.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The e-mail thing idea is cool.

But an e-mail parser and submitter would have to be programmed.

Can MarkG and DanQ handle it?

TA DA DAAAAAA!!!!
      (tension increasing music)

Comment

Re: An idea...

Originally posted by SITS
        what takes the most time (at least at this early stage) is posting to the boards.
        suggestion: turn off e-mail notification but subscribe to the threads of the games you participate. then bookmakr the first page of the control panel, which can show you a list of the threads you are interested for

1) Is it possible (or can it be made possible) to email to a thread so you can do it all offline and send it when you connect
        interesting but a lot of work to be done

2) Reduce the 45 second waiting between posts. I find if I upload a number of turns I have to wait for this restriction to clear.
        it's now down to 30
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thanks Mark for reducing the wait time and for your suggestion for making posting quicker. I realise that the email thing will involve much work but is there any chance of it happening?
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Working...
          X