This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ing sort it

This is three consecutive days we've had server problems, if you can't sort it this time Markos, at least rid of that ****ing flood control until you can.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Gosh what a show of temper
    (+1)

Comment

Temper... nahhh...
      Just Infatuation acting like a jerk... as usual

He seems to keep forgetting how much time, effort, and money the owners put into this site just so he can whine...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

why don't we see any results of that? OK, the change to this is revolting, congrats! but they needed months for it, apparently, if we can trust those words

seriously, what are they doing all the day if they don't have the time for major updates like that, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          seriously, what are they doing all the day if they don't have the time for major updates like that, eh?
          Gee... maybe they have a real life

This is not their life... it's just a hobby. They are trying to work out all the bugs and problems caused by UPGRADING the service they provide for free to the users.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

ria.. rae... real what?

(Fair enough, Ming )

Comment

the service they provide for free to the users.
              No, they get advertising revenue. Effectively, we're paying for this site through that, so you're crap about them doing this site for free is a nonsense. Doesn't mean I'm not grateful though..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Infatuation
                No, they get advertising revenue. Effectively, we're paying for this site through that, so you're crap about them doing this site for free is a nonsense. Doesn't mean I'm not grateful though..
                First, when they started this site, they didn't get advertising revenue.
                Also, they use the advertising revenue to upgrade the site to make it better for the users.
                Last, I'll bet if they took all the advertising revenue they have not put back into the site and divided it by the hours of work they have put into the site, I bet it comes out to less than a dollar a hour...
                So it isn't nonsense... this is not their job, they don't do it to make a profit... it's a hobby...
                So cram it
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

This is not their life... it's just a hobby. They are trying to work out all the bugs and problems caused by UPGRADING the service they provide for free to the users.
                  So? And? They don't have to. They obviously want to, so if they do they may as well do a good job or just not bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Infatuation
                    when was the las ttime you clicked on an ad? if you dont remember then you're probably not "paying"......
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Curiously, EZboards strted to experience a similar problem at exactly the same time as this VBulletin board did. coincidence? I don't think so!

Comment

i'm sure the cancer man was involved one way or another....
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Naaww. He has been out in California, winning a $3 billion judgment against Phillip Morris.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

DookchaserodbownimInfwarn,

Tony Blair getting on your nerves?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ming

Also, they use the advertising revenue to upgrade the site to make it better for the users.
                              ...To upgrade the site to get more users to increase ad revenue. Virtuous circle.

MarkG,

when was the las ttime you clicked on an ad? if you dont remember then you're probably not "paying"......
                              If I don't remember then it probably means the ads are complete crap. Which they usually are. Further examination of 99% of those sites shows it impossible to buy anything from them unless you live in the US.

I'd be quite happy to send you a cheque for my usage of Apolyton if you give me your address.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X