I have a brilliant new forum idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a brilliant new forum idea!

Peep this. Post counts turn into something that we can give and recieve. It could become a kind of currency.

So say someone on the forums helps me out or agrees with me on something. I could repay him by giving him a couple hundred posts. Then, his post count would go up by whatever amount I give him, and mine would go down accordingly.

The possibilities are endless!

I'm bloody serious about this! I'm sure someone has the knowledge to implement such a feature.

What a dumb idea.

Then post counts become meaningless.

They show how veteran someone is on the forums...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Post counts are meaningless anyway. A person used to be able to spam his way to various titles.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Please, don't be so close minded.

This idea is brilliant! It would change the entire poltics of the forum!

Harrrr!!!!!

Comment

Maybe veterans would get the most anyway, cos they have had longer to do nice things and get given them. No-one would give away vast quantaties anyway, because post-count would still be a nice thing to have.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Bribery, extortion, special "favours" to mods...think about the possibilities.

Comment

Yeah, and like if you're about to be banned, you could have the option of getting banned or paying bail in the form of post counts

Comment

We once had the "Apolyton independent nation", where the unit of currency was @ and the starting wealth for everybody was determined by their post count.
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Perhaps we could determine who the veterans are by looking at the date they registred.

Just a silly idea.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The idea is a bit like my idea for the Front For Post Count Donation, FroFoPoCoDo.....

Comment

Working...
                    X