Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Search idea

MarkG and DanQ
    I think I have an idea that you just might want to pass onto Jelsoft Enterprises Limited for next version vBulletin improments.

We now have the Buddy list's and we have the search engine. - Let's combine these

So that I could make a search of postings by my all buddy-list members for a given period. Time could be: Last day, 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 year)
    (At least I have put on my buddy list people whos post I will quite propably like to read.)

This way it would be very easy to follow discussions.

An another option might be the possibility to limit to which forum I wan't to search from. (Ex. CivIII -Suggestions)

Currently it is possiple to search postings by a single person.
    (Ex. Posts by me can be found here )

Would people like a feature to search for all buddys? (Any support)

P.S. Think how much it would help you, when you could find with one mouseclick all messages sent by any known FIRAXIS-member recently

P.P.S. Search gives 219 posts by me, with 0 being in OT and profile says total of 189 - Have I received an post count reduction penalty? Or is this just an small error in moving to new system. (Just curious)
    Last edited by Jeje2; June 5, 2001, 10:10.

When I search for posts made by me I find 262, but when I check my profile it's only 261. (Add one for this post).

It's just one post, probably a result of the upgrade. (I've seen a lot of guestposts from the time before upgrade, and I guess that something was wrong with the conversion of them)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Re: New Search idea

Originally posted by Jeje2
      We now have the Buddy list's and we have the search engine. - Let's combine these
      interesting idea....

P.S. Think how much it would help you, when you could find with one mouseclick all messages sent by any known FIRAXIS-member recently
      almost all firaxians have "Firaxis" in their username. if you put "firaxis" and "partial match" on the username field you can do exactly what you describe!

P.P.S. Search gives 219 posts by me, with 0 being in OT and profile says total of 189 - Have I received an post count reduction penalty? Or is this just an small error in moving to new system. (Just curious)
      i dont recall a penalty on you. perhaps there was an error when your post count was updated during the import....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: New Search idea

Originally posted by MarkG
        almost all firaxians have "Firaxis" in their username. if you put "firaxis" and "partial match" on the username field you can do exactly what you describe!.
        I do this regularly... I have found several news items that way.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
        X