No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK.

I'm so close now. I have a good avatar. Courtesy of Chris. How do I install it? I went into control panel but could not find the command.

Re: Avatar question

Originally posted by GP
    OK.

I'm so close now. I have a good avatar. Courtesy of Chris. How do I install it? I went into control panel but could not find the command.
    From the control panel click edit options on the top row. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click change avatar. It will take you to the first page of the forum avatars. Again go to the bottom of the page to where you have the option to download your custom avatar. Then just click browse and and select you jpeg file you saved your avatar under. I put mine on my desktop so it would be easier to find.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

test

Comment

My avatar (bmp file) is too big. 15000 bits versus 10000 limit. What can I do to fix this?

Comment

post it on here and someone can reduce it for you. I would but I'm not on my computer at home. Is it 64x64 pixels? change it to a jpeg.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

How do I post it on here? How do I make it into a jpeg? How will that change the file size?

Comment

test
              Attached Files

Comment

Right click on the image and save it as a jpeg to your desktop. then you got it. then just repeat the steps to upload it to poly.
                Attached Files

Comment

use this on instead. I removed the white line at the top.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It was too big. Try this slightly smaller version
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Sprayber; June 3, 2001, 02:09.

Comment

test

Comment

Cool. Thanks spray and chris.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                          Cool. Thanks spray and chris.
                          Anytime.

Comment

Glad to see it works...

Sorry about that, Navy.

I should have checked the size of the pic before I sent it.

Glad to see it works now, courtesy of another army man, Sprayber!
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Thanks again guys.

For some reason, I've been very resistant to learning how to deal with all the new stuff on the board. But now I've pushed through a little.

And if you see any gold dolphins insignia...on a deep blue background, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X