No announcement yet.

CIV3 and CTP2 Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a complement to all my earlier posts I would like to say that I use Civ3 - light style.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Nice colour! (CtP2) My avatar will look crap, though...
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Sorry, but IMO both are ugly.

And my avatar looks horrible on both of them.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

In Civ 3 light the '|' betwen report and ip is blue, not white.

Comment

This isn't actually to this topic, but you should either fix this or the last thing I said.

I just realized that we aren't supposed to se the ip link.

Am I right?

It is in a postbit_ip_hidden template.
            hidden sounds to me as not visible to non administrators.

As the blue '|' is outside the template I think it will show anyway, but I don't know how your system works.

Speaking of hidden stuff:
            Are we supposed to se the 'Administrative Options: User Options' in Userinfo pages?

Comment

The CtP Light style in IE has a horizontal scroll bar in all windows.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                The CtP Light style in IE has a horizontal scroll bar in all windows.
                What resolution do you use?
                I just changed to light - CTP2, no horizontal scrollbar on my screen 1024x768, IE5.

Comment

Good effort. The Civ 3 style isn't so good. But the CTP2 style is ok. I think the brown at the top and bottom could be replaced with something a little better, but that is just nitpicking. The quote color is good, and I don't see where it effects the avatars near as much as the Civ3 style. We should all appreaciate the effort to bring a little variety to the forums. To be fair, it isn't easy to pick a combination of colors that everyone will like. I say diffintly keep the CTP2 style.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by vgriph
                    The last thread and next thread links look bad on orange background. Is it possible to have other colors for them?
                    fixed
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mark,

you seem really obsessed with all these bells and whistles. Please ignore this stuff. More useful for you to spend your time posting your balkan rivalries.

And...um...should I give up the ghost for branching threads?

Comment

Thanks Mark.

<SMALL>PS I'm still annoyed by that ip thing.</SMALL>

Comment

Mark, why isn't the old forum quotes converted to the new forum quote. It's hard to read them you know .

If you can't do a massreplace of them (by searching and replacing the old quote code with whatever it is in the new version) I have to select all that text to read it. It isn't the end of the world, but you get tired of it. No need to hurry anyway, I'm doing fine right now

Comment

Black on Blue

The CTP2 light style looks great, Markos. But a small thing on the forum front page you can't read this hardly:

http://apolyton.net/forums/index.php

There are currently 48 member(s) and 36 guest(s) on the boards.
                            Most users ever online was 197 on 29-05-2001 at 21:20
                            Black on Blue... You should replace the black colour of the letters by the background colour of the CTP2 style.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Very slick looking...

I'm viewing through the civ-3 style, and it looks very good.

The only problem is if people write in that Royal Blue type, it's almost impossible to read.

Other then that, I don't see any problems. Excellent work.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by vgriph
                                Mark, why isn't the old forum quotes converted to the new forum quote. It's hard to read them you know .
                                using which style? can you give an example?
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X