No announcement yet.

Bug: Light view - quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sizes look right in Internet Explorer, I think it might be yet another netscape bug
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
      The sizes look right in Internet Explorer, I think it might be yet another netscape bug
      Yup,
      I have similar thoughts myself.
      The biggest difference with you and me is operating system, I have Win2000 Professional.

So were, oh were

Comment

I've started to check the HTML-code for errors, and so far I've found one:
        It's in the light version at top of all messages. The links 'edit' and 'quote' are in a tablecell: the code in the cell is:
        Code:
        <CENTER>
        <FONT face=verdana,arial,helvetica size=1>
        <A href="http://apolyton.net/forums/editpost.php?s=&action=editpost&postid=322201">edit</A> 
        | <A href="http://apolyton.net/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=322201">quote</A>
        </CENTER>
        As you can see the FONT-tag isn't ended. This may lead to that the smaller font goes on into the post in some browsers.

I'll continue with my check of the light version, and go on with the default version after that.

Edit: Spelling errors, font-tag removed from code. (My browser had an aoutofix code function, that I've overrided now)
        Last edited by Gramphos; June 2, 2001, 11:30.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Second ERROR spotted

I've got a bit further, and found another ERROR:
          The table-cell containing the subject is not ended with a </TD>. This may also lead to errors, especially while using styles.

I'm going on.

Edit: The autofix function strikes again The ROW isn't terminated either.
          Last edited by Gramphos; June 2, 2001, 11:32.

Comment

Now I'm finished with the light version.
            • </FONT> missing after the IP-part
            • </FONT> missing after the quotes (only color).
            • extra </P> at the end of the post, before the signature.

Nothing of this should cause the error described above if it isn't caused by the stylecheat. That's because that the styles require correct HTML to work good in all browsers.

Comment

Working...
            X