Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGE Tribes - Could The This Be Adopted Into MP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE Tribes - Could The This Be Adopted Into MP ?

I think the concept of Tribes is an excellent one, but assigned under League's wing, it's failing miserably.

Would it be possible to reassign to MP, and adopted by someone to oversee?

I would point out that Fanatics is working on implementing the Tribe structure.

Whether Tribes remained internal play, or board vs. board is not of particular consequence to me.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

please clarify

Sloww, are you talking about your game group, the name that's in your and Boann's Sig?
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

i dont see what's stopping you from organizing non-GL tribe games in the civ2-mp forum.....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I have to agree with MarkG... there is no reason why you can't use the Civ MP forums to set up games (and I know you have done so already to promote tribe play)

If you are in Civleague, and you want the games to count... well, you are in Civleague.
        Now, if you don't think Civleague is doing a good job with tribes, take it up with them.
        If you want to set up your own rankings, you can always start a new site like many others who have been dissatisfied with Civleague. And like everybody else who has started their own site and rankings/rules... you can always promote it here via your signature or a "SINGLE" thread in the MP forums
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: please clarify

Originally posted by cpoulos
          Sloww, are you talking about your game group, the name that's in your and Boann's Sig?
          Yes, we are Tuatha De Danann.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            I have to agree with MarkG... there is no reason why you can't use the Civ MP forums to set up games (and I know you have done so already to promote tribe play)

If you are in Civleague, and you want the games to count... well, you are in Civleague.
            Now, if you don't think Civleague is doing a good job with tribes, take it up with them.
            If you want to set up your own rankings, you can always start a new site like many others who have been dissatisfied with Civleague. And like everybody else who has started their own site and rankings/rules... you can always promote it here via your signature or a "SINGLE" thread in the MP forums
            I appreciate the input.
            Starting another board isn't what I was considering.
            Thanks anyway. Tribes can just die on the vine.

Comment

One last.

I don't particularly give a rat's rump about official standings and crap like that.

The idea of participating as a team is what I was looking at in Tribes.
              And all I was asking was a little involvement from the
              Powers That Be.
              Individual games in League never meant a thing to me.
              That part, run by kwang (?), is and has been a joke. I think he must have run off to join the circus.
              Ming, you know Strat by now, and what I think of him chewing up newbies he talks in to joining League.
              They join because they think that's the only way they can get a game.
              As far as Tribes direction by Frank, he evidently has accompanied Kwang to life under the big top.

Anyway, I appreciate at least the responses.
              It's damn sure more than anyone gets from Frank any more.

Comment

well, i can promise you news coverage of the big wars
                anything else you need?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Slow... there is nothing wrong with trying to set up "team" games in the MP forums.
                  We used to set up "arena" matches and team matches all the time there. Most of that stopped when "Tribes" were originally set up in Civleague.
                  I happen to like the team format, but I've never really had an interest in Civleague (that's as polite as I can phrase it)
                  So bring em back to the MP forums...

And as MarkG says... Apolyton can always cover the big matches
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Comment

The attempt to revamp Tribes for MGE is going on in multiplayer forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X